F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for everyone, does anyone know if the larger factory fuel tank the 136l tank would fit in a short box super crew which has the 94l small tank. Looking to change my tank as not big enough when towing my trailer. Any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Question for everyone, does anyone know if the larger factory fuel tank the 136l tank would fit in a short box super crew which has the 94l small tank. Looking to change my tank as not big enough when towing my trailer. Any help would be great thanks
I have a 2013 with the short bed and the 35 gallon tank. I don't see why you couldn't just buy and install the bigger tank, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
It's actually a 36 gallon tank and yes it will fit on a shortbox super crewcab truck. Mine came optioned with it. You may need different mounting hardware and straps to accommodate the bigger tank.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I would be interested to do this swap. I wonder if the ECU would need adjusting for the increased capacity?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
265 Posts
I would be interested to do this swap. I wonder if the ECU would need adjusting for the increased capacity?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2
I'm sure it would.... However I'm not sure how one would do that. If you didn't the DTE would be wrong.

That being said it would probably still run fine, it's the EVAP system that may cause issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I have the 36 gallon tank on mine and I've dropped it a few times now, I think after seeing my basket next to the smaller tanks basket you would maybe need to swap those too. Mine expanded farther than the smaller tanks would.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts