F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,220 Posts
Nice ! Does that intercooler hang all the way down to behind the bumper hole where the stock one sits ?

Reactions: arod

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
365 Posts
Looks really good!

@Arkansas Eco it does not, it leaves a nice little gap for external coolers ;)

Curious how that Hellwig helps... Ark you have it as well, what are your thoughts?

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
365 Posts
EXACTLY! More airflow equals better IAT2 temps!

I love mine. Although it is not currently in the truck as I am still performing massive surgery...but when it was it was GLORIOUS!

Too much?

Reactions: arod

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
365 Posts
EXACTLY!!!!

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,220 Posts
Looks really good!

@Arkansas Eco it does not, it leaves a nice little gap for external coolers ;)

Curious how that Hellwig helps... Ark you have it as well, what are your thoughts?
I love my rear Hellwig anti-sway bar. I have it set on the most tension. It helps the rear stability on curves while towing. Puts in on rails when not towing or empty.

Reactions: TangoMike415

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,220 Posts
EXACTLY! More airflow equals better IAT2 temps!

I love mine. Although it is not currently in the truck as I am still performing massive surgery...but when it was it was GLORIOUS!

Too much?
So it doesn't block flow to the radiator ?

Reactions: TangoMike415

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
365 Posts
Nice! Since putting on the Firestone kit I do not believe it will fit on my rear axle....unfortunately. Just by looking at the pictures anyway.

And it goes directly in front of the radiator, but flows freely. I have not noticed a change in ECT since installing mine. Matter of fact, I swear they have dropped. Go figure.

Probably has something to do with the fact that the IAT2 is as close to ambient as possible. I dunno.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,220 Posts
Lots of people have bags and bars.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
365 Posts
Stop it @Arkansas Eco I don't need to spend anymore money right now on this thing! :ROFLMAO:

(As I pull up another window and start searching for the Hellwig's...)

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,220 Posts
I will eventually get the front Hellwig also if I don't trade for a SD first.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
365 Posts
You won't trade in that thing you have nearly $10k in car audio shoved in every crevice it has, come on now! The stories!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Hellwigs are not a cheap part either. Will have to wait a bit before I drop that coin. Have to finish putting this thing back together...and hope it starts AND runs first!

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Im jealous of the hellwig but im not paying $360 or whatever they are charging for them now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So it doesn't block flow to the radiator ?
The bracket it seats on angles forward and the flow seems unaffected. I just did my first towing and temps look great. It was "hot" yesterday at 9K altitude 82 degrees. I got home and could touch the intercoolers hot side and intercooler felt cold.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,220 Posts
You won't trade in that thing you have nearly $10k in car audio shoved in every crevice it has, come on now! The stories!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Hellwigs are not a cheap part either. Will have to wait a bit before I drop that coin. Have to finish putting this thing back together...and hope it starts AND runs first!
Ya. You're probly right. Also, I love the dam thang !

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,220 Posts
Im jealous of the hellwig but im not paying $360 or whatever they are charging for them now.
Man the price has doubled since I bought my rear bar in 2018. I really do want the front bar and have had it in my Amazon list since 2018. It hasn't quite doubled in price but it's almost $400. Dang it.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
365 Posts
Very true. My 2010 F150 (that my oldest son is now driving) has a complete replacement audio setup aside from the OEM head unit. Components, 5 channel amplifier, digital processor, properly built/tuned box, etc. Of course he enjoys it, as did I.

As for the Hellwig's, it is tempting but the price is steep for sure. I should have jumped on the one in the buy sell area, but it was not for my model. Possibly could have made it work, but my luck it would have went south.

I digress.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts