F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford F-150 FX4 Screw Cab
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my FullRace catted dps installed this weekend and I am now throwing po0420 and 0430 codes. It's took a little while before coming on so I thought I was good to go, but then there came the light. I did have my MPT tunes updated to all the mods installed which Includes the downpipes. I used my BDX to clear the codes once I got to work this morning. Should I expect to see the cel come back on? If so should I go ahead and order some o2 extenders?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
O2 extenders. Yes light will come back in less than 200 miles.

And even with extenders you may still get a light, but far less often in my experience.

Your tuner should be able to disable it through the tune for good though.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
O2 extenders. Yes light will come back in less than 200 miles.

And even with extenders you may still get a light, but far less often in my experience.

Your tuner should be able to disable it through the tune for good though.
Second on the O2 extenders

MPT won’t disable it, unless they’ve changed their policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Second on the O2 extenders

MPT won’t disable it, unless they’ve changed their policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
K..

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
k..

·
Registered
330 Posts
No tuner will disable it anymore after that whole carb debacle a few months back if i remember right?

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
No tuner will disable it anymore after that whole carb debacle a few months back if i remember right?
Nope. All the websites I’ve looked at have a statement right on them saying as much.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They already don't sell to carb compliant states so I think it's crap that they won't disable the light.

·
Super Modistrator
2,091 Posts
They already don't sell to carb compliant states so I think it's crap that they won't disable the light.
Modifying emission related components is a Federal issue, these guys are under a very watchful eye.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
You're still technically breaking the law if you defeat emissions equipment even if you are not required to pass emissions testing in your state. Most of Utah doesn't have emissions tests but deleted diesels still get pulled over and fined.

The tuners are still going to get in trouble for helping you do that regardless of where you live.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
You're still technically breaking the law if you defeat emissions equipment even if you are not required to pass emissions testing in your state. Most of Utah doesn't have emissions tests but deleted diesels still get pulled over and fined.

The tuners are still going to get in trouble for helping you do that regardless of where you live.
But technically he has cats which is abiding by the law. The ecoboost sensors are very sensitive coded to exactly what stock should be.

That being said, there is one brand of cats i have posted about before, that will not throw a light. I think they are 400-500 each is i remember right and will no hinder flow, handling "up to 1500hp" per their claim.

A very large majority of "toxic" fumes is done at cold start on gasoline engines.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I bought the catted dps with the hopes of not having a CEL. Could have just gone with catless and saved $$ and had more performance if I wanted a CEL lol. And yes I knew their was a potential of throwing a CEL. I have read into it a lot, so like I said it was more of a hope/prayer that I wouldn't.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Modifying emission related components is a Federal issue, these guys are under a very watchful eye.
@GearHead_1, I understand that and it was by no means a shot at any of the tuners. Their hands are tied. I hate it more so for them due to it hurting their businesses.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
But technically he has cats which is abiding by the law. The ecoboost sensors are very sensitive coded to exactly what stock should be.

That being said, there is one brand of cats i have posted about before, that will not throw a light. I think they are 400-500 each is i remember right and will no hinder flow, handling "up to 1500hp" per their claim.

A very large majority of "toxic" fumes is done at cold start on gasoline engines.
I don't think that's true unless the cats have been EPA approved like the Kooks Green cats. Even the Kooks green cats aren't CARB approved though.

·
Registered
177 Posts
There are "green" cats on the market that will not trigger those codes. Kook's sells them. I've had them on my Mustang for a year and the codes have not returned. The earlier gen hi-flow cats continually threw those codes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will installed catless downpipes from SPD about a month ago. The pipes came with the O2 extenders/defoulers and I have never once had a CEL. I also run a 91 octane tune. So much power and no issues. SPD is the way to go they are awesome and great customer service.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have nothing to compare to but they seemed fine to me. The fit was great and no complaints here. Sure some of the stainless ones might be better but for the price tag you can’t beat it. And being catless at the end of the day it’s just pipes haha.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts