F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of 6 plugs for my truck from Amazon. They're listed for $3.99 and that seems to be a reasonable price compared to some place like Rock Auto. The page says nothing about this being a pack of 4, but just says it's a spark plug and it's $3.99. So, what shows up today is SIX boxes of the set of 4 plugs. hehe So, I guess I have 4 plug changes now for the price of one. I just verified my order and they only charged me for $3.99 x 6.

They're all gapped at .030 in from the box. (I verified)

·
Registered
313 Posts
I just ordered 10 to get free shipping. Said I saved over $100.

THANK YOU!!!!

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I've had similar good luck from time to time. I was even so honest (stupid, some may say) that I contacted the company.
Every single time, they said "wow, you're an honest person, go ahead and keep it"

·
Registered
975 Posts
I just ordered 12, because I figure if Amazon figures it out and only give me 12 spark plugs, at least I have 2 full changes!! If they give me 12 boxes of 4.... Well.... There you go.. Oh, it only cost me $52.44 including tax. (free shipping 5-7 days) Even for 12 individual spark plugs, that's a pretty good price.

Mitch

·
Registered
40 Posts
I need to change my plugs and could use a deal like you got.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I don't even need to change mine, and I ordered! Do it now before they figure it out! I did it about 5 minutes ago and am confirmed for [email protected] 3.99 each... What I get, I won't know for a week or so, but I don't care... That's a great deal, even for an individual plug!

Mitch

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
ah seeing this

Notes: Plug Material: Iridium, Gap: .035, Type - Standard Service Plg when doing vehicle check

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ah seeing this

Notes: Plug Material: Iridium, Gap: .035, Type - Standard Service Plg when doing vehicle check
The new recommendation from Ford is .030 gap. The .035 is old/outdated info. Don't gap them at .035. Actually, it's really hard to bend these plugs so be careful in any case. I tried to tap one down a touch more so it was more snug on my feeler gauge at .030, but with the pressure I put on them, they didn't budge...so I left it alone. It's pretty much right at .030 out of the box anyway.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Jumped on the band wagon, ordered 12 so even if I only get one plug for 3.99, I've got two changes! Pretty optimistic, I have under 5K miles on the truck!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Jumped on the band wagon, ordered 12 so even if I only get one plug for 3.99, I've got two changes! Pretty optimistic, I have under 5K miles on the truck!
Check my link in my sig.

I changed mine with 5k to .028. They all looked fine and were .030.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'm at 20k miles and will change for sure if I get 12 boxes of 4! If I only get 12 plugs, I'll probably change at 25k.

Mitch

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
It's listed as an add-on item through Amazon so you need $25 worth of stuff in your cart to check out with them. Ordering 7 or more will get you this.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's listed as an add-on item through Amazon so you need $25 worth of stuff in your cart to check out with them. Ordering 7 or more will get you this.
Correct, from Amazon direct (who I bought from), it's an add-on item. I was ordering other things anyway so there was no issue with me getting them shipped.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got in on this too. I ordered 12, so if it ends up just being 12, I'll still have enough for a couple of changes. I belong to Prime and mine will be here in 2 day (Friday).

OP, IOU a cold one (or two)!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
17 Participants
Mitchf150
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing