F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a fx2 with a 3.31 rear end, and I would like to know how much is the towing capacity.
When I look online or the manual I found the info for that rear end on the 5.0 but no the Ecoboost

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
In your owners manual it'll have the factory towing specs for your model.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already checked and it shows for that rear end(3.31) but with the 5.0 engine, no sure if I should use that one as a guide

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I can't find anything about a 2 wheel drive version of your truck but I would assume the 5.0 version would be similar. Although I believe the FX2 has the FX4 suspension with no front axle. So I think you could use the 4wd version to find your GCWR.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is the same suspension, but rear end is different, the fx4 comes with the 3.73 rear end, that's why I'm not sure what's the towing capacity for my fx2 having the 3.31 on it

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
The fx4 comes standard with a 3.55 I believe. I would use the 5.0 as a guide though, there is no way the Eco would be rated than the 5.0

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
As far as I can tell the "standard" axle on any truck is non existent. It comes with what ever it was optioned with based on Ford's specs for that package.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
As far as I can tell the "standard" axle on any truck is non existent. It comes with what ever it was optioned with based on Ford's specs for that package.
What do you mean?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
They have certain packages of different levels that call for a stronger axle or lower gearing. So it would make sense to not assume every Fx4 or whatever submodel had for example 3.55's. It also could have been optioned out by a build your own buyer then he backed out. So technically any truck could have any gears....

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
OK, why don't you go to any Ford dealer and have them run your VIN#?
They should be able to tell you everything there is to know about your truck from your VIN#.

·
Registered
91 Posts
When I do a build on the Ford website for an FX2 it comes up with 1750 lbs. payload and 9400 lbs. towing. Of course your true towing will be listed on the door jam which takes into account all the add ons for your vehicle.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
They have certain packages of different levels that call for a stronger axle or lower gearing. So it would make sense to not assume every Fx4 or whatever submodel had for example 3.55's. It also could have been optioned out by a build your own buyer then he backed out. So technically any truck could have any gears....
Well no, that's not true. Fx4 has 3.55 standard, 3.73 and 4.10 gears are optional. I thought maybe the fx2 were the same. I did a search for 3.31 fx2s and I could find any, so I thought the op was mistaken

1 - 20 of 23 Posts