F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been researching how to stop wheel hop when launching by adding devices to the truck. So, now I have another question, does anyone launch their Tremor in 4WD?

I have only launched so far in 2WD w/ locker ON. If you do launch in 4WD, isn't that very hard on the transfer case &tc? Does it stop wheel hop? I'd love to hear thoughts on this issue.

I have other 4WD vehicles and only drive them in 4WD on hard roads when there is snow.

BTW: I'm still planning on making a build thread, soon.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have launched 500+ times in 4wd with no issues.. just don't try and turn on dry pavement while in 4wd.. Also to insure it is locked in 4wd a quick revers for a few feet then back to D should do the trick.. I have had it a few times in the earlier days not lock into 4wd on one wheel and slam into 4wd when I take off.. Makes a loud bang that definitely doesn't sound good

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think I do remember a few people talking about leaving the rear unlocked in 2wd as they broke stuff when it was locked... but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I think I do remember a few people talking about leaving the rear unlocked in 2wd as they broke stuff when it was locked... but don't quote me on that.
Good to know. I lock mine in 2wd, not that I have done many launches.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Good to know. I lock mine in 2wd, not that I have done many launches.
I know the few times I did lock mine I got the wheel hop. I think the wheel hop is what causes the issues.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I know the few times I did lock mine I got the wheel hop. I think the wheel hop is what causes the issues.
Mine had hop till I put on 33's and tuned it. Now it just squeals :)

For 2wd with the locker locked launch around 1300-1400rpm. The tires stick well then.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Winter time here, No traction to be found. Maybe in the spring.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Min rips all 4 on the launch then takes off. You'll shiit when you do, lol, truck basically bunny-hops.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Min rips all 4 on the launch then takes off. You'll shiit when you do, lol, truck basically bunny-hops.
sorry to act old, well old in body still a teenager in my mind; but, I don't understand the following:
"Min rips all 4 on the launch then takes off"
"truck basically bunny-hops"

I get the rest...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Supposed to be "mine" not "min", phone forgot the E, lol.

Here...
my truck spins all 4 tires for the first second then finally moves. It launches so hard, the suspension unloads and the truck feels like it "bunny-hops", meaning it feels like it jumps off the ground like we used to to it on BMX bikes a long time ago.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I keep truck for a average of 2 years and have a bumper to bumper warrenty so I can care less.

Reactions: ford4thot

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Yay!!!!! lets fuk up our trucks!!! lmao...
You have to remember that a portion of people on this site race and push their trucks to the extreme. That's why I love this site. People here are always finding ways to improve through trial and error.

I have to live vicariously through these people. Lol.

Reactions: taubr unit
1 - 14 of 14 Posts