F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
If anything it's just little scratches from aluminum chips from the Machining process. I highly doubt it's anything to worry about.

I've pushed these turbos pretty hard and have to see any issues on the trucks I've tuned using them. That includes up to 700rwhp. I don't think you'll have any issues.

I really think you are making a big deal out of nothing.... did you try whipping the blade off? like i said in the picture is just looks like machine oil and some aluminum shaving/chips from production/assembly.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your assessment is extremely odd. It's as if you don't even notice obvious holes in the metal when others have easily pointed them out. Have you inspected the compressor wheels on those turbos you say you've pushed? Do you sincerely believe that everyone who buys the same product will have the same exact experience? Do you not understand how structural integrity on moving parts should be a concern when safety and thousands of dollars are at stake? What's your game?
I absolutely understand the structural integrity of moving parts. I'm a mechanical engineer. I work on stuff that's a lot more critical than your turbo.

Where is there a hole in the material? A hole implies it's all the a way though. Even pitting or cracks where do you see that?

When I look at those pictures I see at most some grit and lubricant left over from machining and assembly with some surface scratches. Take rag and some carb cleaner and wipe it off if you are worried about it.

Whipe the blades clean and take another picture and post it here.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts