F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 F150 Ecoboost 4X4 and am getting around 12mpg in town. I don't drive crazy and was wondering if this is normal. Only have 2300 miles so far.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Warm up the engine and transmission to operating temp and mileage improves a lot. I get 12-13 cold and up to 24 mpg highway warmed up. The torque converter, I think, is the main reason for the low mpg until it kicks in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm sitting at 10.9.... yay Norfolk traffic gettin to base. still gettin 21-23 highway when theres no traffic even with my lift and tires

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
That seems low. What rear end do you have. I have a 3.73 and I get at least 14 in town, unloaded.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Man you really must be sitting at idle for awhile in traffic working your way to base... I only see bottom teens when I'm letting the truck warm up (15-20mins idle time) in winter time (-20f to -65f) but once I'm driving its mid teens on mpg...

·
Registered
495 Posts
My first fill-up this afternoon: 250 miles, avg'd 14.9 MPG. Lotsa Stop'n'Go and short trips... :'(
Not the gas sipper I was anticipating... LOL! But I've been having fun with the gas pedal!

I find my old pickup felt more limber and responsive, but the new one has more punch...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I loaded up the truck this morning with about 500lbs of camping gear. It was about 37 degrees, a strong crosswind, and raining. I drove 120 miles never going over 68mph and I still averaged 17.9. I usually get 20-24 on the hwy, but considering the conditions I am happy with this milage.

SPPD

·
Registered
152 Posts
Warm up the engine and transmission to operating temp and mileage improves a lot. I get 12-13 cold and up to 24 mpg highway warmed up. The torque converter, I think, is the main reason for the low mpg until it kicks in.
I agree with Yake Bait. When it is cold I notice the fuel economy isn't there, once it warms up it gets better. I average about 20 on the highway. But I can't drive 55...I feel a song comming on.lol

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I just drove to LA and got 21.1! I had cruise set at 60 though. No traffic at all. When I got to the grapevine I was at 20.8, dropped down to 20.1 while driving up the second grade, but by the time I got to my in-laws it was up to 21.1. Will hand calc tmw to verify.

Truck is a 157" fx4 3.73

·
Registered
589 Posts
I just drove to LA and got 21.1! I had cruise set at 60 though. No traffic at all. When I got to the grapevine I was at 20.8, dropped down to 20.1 while driving up the second grade, but by the time I got to my in-laws it was up to 21.1. Will hand calc tmw to verify.

Truck is a 157" fx4 3.73
That is awesome mpg!

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Hand calc worked out to 20.4, by the time I showed family the truck and let it idle the computer said 21.0. So there was a .6 mile discrepancy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have around 5000 miles on my 2013 screw 4X4. We drive a lot around town and get 14.2 to 15. That is if the wife driving. Sure like the way it picks up and goes. I was only getting around 12 in town with my 2007 Lincoln Mark II 5.4 that had cool air induction, exhaust and tuner. I will be upgrading the EB soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in CO and have driven my 2012 6900 miles. I get 15 MPG in town, mostly cold weather driving, and 20 MPG hwy at 75 mph avg. The mileage seems to get better as the weather improves. As we are coming into spring, I expect that my in town average will improve, and hope that I get what is advertised on the Hwy.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
The best I ever got on the freeway was 24-25 mpg average at about 65 mph.. I'm a very calm driver though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
mileage.jpg
This is doing 70mph, tonneau cover really helps.
Also, my mileage improved after 5000 miles. Not sure if it is really the break-in or just learning to keep my foot out of the turbos.
Probably a little of both.

I have had my miles-to-empty show over 700 miles after a fill-up. What are you guys seeing?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
About this Discussion
81 Replies
54 Participants
platinum
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing