F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago I noticed that the gear indicator that used to be displayed on the dash screen has disappeared. I could be wrong, but isn't it suppose to show 1 through 6 in a vertical line down the right side of the display? Mine has vanished. Any suggestions on how to get that back? I kinda like having that when towing especially. I could always take it to the dealer and have them fix it, but I like to do things myself if i can figure it out.

Reactions: Wayne

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hit the "up/down" switch on your shifter. One down should bring it back. This is also the switch you use to lock out gears when towing, if you wish to. Up makes it go away, down one should bring the display back. Continuing down will lock out 6, then 5...etc.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hit the "up/down" switch on your shifter. One down should bring it back. This is also the switch you use to lock out gears when towing, if you wish to. Up makes it go away, down one should bring the display back. Continuing down will lock out 6, then 5...etc.
Wow! That was a fast response akmedic77! Thanks very much. I'll get out there and git 'er done! Thanks man!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'm bored! Glad to help!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Press the + or - symbol on your gear shift lever and it should re-appear. Are you aware that you can also lock out 6th gear if you want by, pressing the - symbol. Your truck will still shift through the remaining gears automaticaly. You can go back to 6th by pressing the + symbol.

Reactions: m361

·
Registered
943 Posts
akmedic beat me to it.

·
Registered
943 Posts
There is a good chance that your dealer wouldn't have known how to do it. Mine didn't.

Reactions: strongarm18

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Press the + or - symbol on your gear shift lever and it should re-appear. Are you aware that you can also lock out 6th gear if you want by, pressing the - symbol. Your truck will still shift through the remaining gears automaticaly. You can go back to 6th by pressing the + symbol.
What do you mean "lock out" 6? In auto mode you can down shift all the way to 1 if you want. It's how I keep speed on hills going down

·
Registered
943 Posts
What do you mean "lock out" 6? In auto mode you can down shift all the way to 1 if you want. It's how I keep speed on hills going down
I know that. I just didn't want to ramble on as I was trying help quickly.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Reactions: 2Canches

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I thought you ment that the PRND21 symbols had disappeared. I skimmed over most of the post and was like "Wait a dang minute. What the hell are they talking about?" Lol

·
Registered
943 Posts
About a week ago I noticed that the gear indicator that used to be displayed on the dash screen has disappeared. I could be wrong, but isn't it suppose to show 1 through 6 in a vertical line down the right side of the display? Mine has vanished. Any suggestions on how to get that back? I kinda like having that when towing especially. I could always take it to the dealer and have them fix it, but I like to do things myself if i can figure it out.
I wonder if we got him fixed up? I never saw a response as to whether or not we fixed his problem.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Yes, I wish people would get back to either say "Thank you" or let you know it didn't work and something else.

Also, isn't there an option in the "setup" where you can opt to turn off the display of the shift indicator in the Info Screen? Maybe he accidentally turned it off in the setup.

·
Registered
868 Posts
if you read the first page of responses and the initial prob he said the gear indicator on the right hand side of the display and we all know that it goes away if you hit the button on the shifter
his problem is not really a problem just lack of information from the dealer exactly like me
i learned of this from Wayne on the forum 2 months after i bought my truck all the dealer salesman showed me is how to turn on the sat radio and program stations DUH !
like i couldnt figure that out myself but whatever.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
if you read the first page of responses and the initial prob he said the gear indicator on the right hand side of the display and we all know that it goes away if you hit the button on the shifter.
Yeah, I remember when that first happened to me, luckily I was able to bring it back.

·
Registered
943 Posts
if you read the first page of responses and the initial prob he said the gear indicator on the right hand side of the display and we all know that it goes away if you hit the button on the shifter
his problem is not really a problem just lack of information from the dealer exactly like me
i learned of this from Wayne on the forum 2 months after i bought my truck all the dealer salesman showed me is how to turn on the sat radio and program stations DUH !
like i couldnt figure that out myself but whatever.
Thanks for the credit Brian but, I was informed about it by someone else here on the forum. Don't remeber who it was. I keep thinking that I'm going to check the owners manual and see if this information is in there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry, I guess i got busy and didn't get a chance to update the post. The +/- switch did the trick. I had no idea I could lock out gears like that. Thats a pretty cool feature that you would think the dealer would show a buyer, especially a buyer that's buying the truck specifically to tow!

·
Registered
868 Posts
I dont think the knucklehead salesman i had knew about half the features of my truck.
As far as possibly reading this info in the owners manual YEA RIGHT !
I find that book alot like trying to read a dictionary in a diff language

It might be different if half what is in it pertained to my truck

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I have always tried to stay up to date on cars either via magazines or the internet. I am always amazed how much more I know about cars on the lot than the salesman do. Mechanically, I don't know much, but I know what the cars can do. You would think the automakers would have some kind of education program so that the sales team would be able to inform the consumer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts