1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
374 Posts
Works on the 12 I have it, but someone recently tried it for a 13 and it did not work.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If thats the case Ill have to wait till there is a solution.... damn, dont know how long I can live with the stock stereo

·
Registered
335 Posts
Audio Control LCQ-1 is what you want to use. Also supply's a 12 turn and is a very nice on so you dont get that poping noise.
It will cost you about 200.00 bucks, but well worth the investment if your planing on keeping the stock head unit, but want to add aftermarket amplifiers. Ive bought one, but have not installed it i do plan to install it in the center console so I can adjust the crossovers with ease and the bass boost.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Audio Control LCQ-1 is what you want to use. Also supply's a 12 turn and is a very nice on so you dont get that poping noise.
It will cost you about 200.00 bucks, but well worth the investment if your planing on keeping the stock head unit, but want to add aftermarket amplifiers. Ive bought one, but have not installed it i do plan to install it in the center console so I can adjust the crossovers with ease and the bass boost.
OK, But where do you draw the signal from for the LCQ1? I dont want to cut or tap any stock wires. These new vehicles are so sensitive

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ahhh yeah I see what your saying unfortunately I'm not sure as far as I know you are going to have to to tap into factory wiring. Your going to tap into the stock amplifier if you have the sony system or factory which is under the center console it's not very hard to do wiring in the LCQ-1 then run RCA's to your amps. This really will give you the best sound quality while keeping the factory head unit and using aftermarket amps.
Which is why I'm going to just mount mine in the center console make the install easier since factory amp is there aswell.
Here are the wire colors if you decided to try and tackle this job yourself.
you just need to tap the 4 driver doors and the sub to the LCQ-1 run RCA's to amps.

Factory amp is under center console

Center:
+ green
- gray/yellow

Driver tweeter:
+ green/orange
- gray/orange negative

Driver mid:
+ white
- white/brown

Passenger tweeter:
+ purple/orange