F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay as big of a company as is GM they couldn't actually build a truck to go up against the Raptor but had contract it out it much less use a cheesy name like "Reaper" and be so obvious in the copy cat department? Seems like GM has been following our lead for the last few years (retro Mustang then came retro Camaro) but doing a piss poor job at it then when they finally make something worth a damn Ford has already moved on (example Boss 302 came and gone then finally the Z/28 shows up)...........

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/...ntcmp=features

*Originally found this on F150fourm.com*

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
The raptor was designed by ford's in house performance vehicle team SVT.

The front end is fugly except for the factory integrated Rigids, I like that...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Reactions: Grim Reaper

·
Registered
741 Posts
I read there coming supercharged bit its still gonna be the poodee 5.3L

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Dodge should make the ramrunner a production vehicle. Besides a mid-travel yota, it'd be the Raptors closest competition.

·
Registered
741 Posts
You can get the kit installed at dodge when you buy a truck. But its half the price to order the kit, fenders, and bumpers from kore and do it yourself

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I've shared the same thought of "copy-cat" from GM... Ford continues to lead and the others follow.
Does this truck even have the bed graphic like the Raptor?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Competition breeds innovation and is great for all of us; Ford and Chevy fans alike. The Raptor hasn't really changed a whole lot since it came out because it hasn't had to. It owns the market and there was nothing to compete against it. Now that Chevy is throwing their hat in the ring, Ford will up the ante and the battle begins. Even if your not a Raptor or "Reaper" customer, the features and performance of those trucks will eventually seep into the F150 and 1500's and once again, we all win.
I'm a huge Mustang fan, but I was stoked when Chevy decided to bring the Camaro back and Dodge got real about the Challenger. It just forces Ford keep raising the bar.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
(example Boss 302 came and gone then finally the Z/28 shows up)

Let's not mention the z/28 in the same sentence as that crappy truck above... the z/28 is pretty filthy

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
(example Boss 302 came and gone then finally the Z/28 shows up)

Let's not mention the z/28 in the same sentence as that crappy truck above... the z/28 is pretty filthy
What's all in the tech specs for the z?

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just feel sorry for the "anything-but-a-Ford" sap that buys that ugly Chevy, and actually thinks it's cool.

What an ugly morphodite pile

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
It looks shitty IMO, but the blown 6.2L will be pretty BA, of course it will be factory de-tuned like crazy I bet

1 - 18 of 18 Posts