F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just purchased some new rims 18" and I'm looking to buy new tires as I sell my old tires and rims, anyone got any suggestions.

I don't go offloading hardly never but in the future I want to, but for now it's traveling and going to work you could say, I want a real aggressive tire though. That still has a smooth ride. I have the stock XLT somewhat small tires on the chrome classes rims they ride mad smooth but i want bigger

2012 F150 XLT EcoBEAST

·
Registered
373 Posts
Check out the Nitto Grappler series, my buddy has them and they are great for off/on road and are a good looking tire

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have Nitto TerraGrapplers and like them so far. Granted I've only driven about 1500 miles on them(about 600 miles highway the rest city). They aren't too crazy loud and ride nice. I have a few friends and co workers that have them and love them. They say they wear well, are great in the snow, and would recommend them again.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I always get bfgoodrich michilens or Yokohama. I've had sets of all that have lasted 50-120k miles and rode great. The bfgs all terrains made it to 50 and them I sold the truck and they still looked pretty good. My parents always run michilens and get a minimum of 75k out of them. One pair was on a suburban we bought and we moved them to my dads truck. He put 100k+ on them and I then took them and put them on a truck I sold. They drove away looking fine with that owner.

I had a set of yokahama all terrains on a s10 4x4 in high school that did EVERYthing imaginable and then some. They made it around 40-50k and went with the truck when t was sold.

The bfgs and yokahamas all rode smooth but were a little noisy. The michilens ltxs always ride smooth and quiet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always get bfgoodrich michilens or Yokohama. I've had sets of all that have lasted 50-120k miles and rode great. The bfgs all terrains made it to 50 and them I sold the truck and they still looked pretty good. My parents always run michilens and get a minimum of 75k out of them. One pair was on a suburban we bought and we moved them to my dads truck. He put 100k+ on them and I then took them and put them on a truck I sold. They drove away looking fine with that owner.

I had a set of yokahama all terrains on a s10 4x4 in high school that did EVERYthing imaginable and then some. They made it around 40-50k and went with the truck when t was sold.

The bfgs and yokahamas all rode smooth but were a little noisy. The michilens ltxs always ride smooth and quiet.
Yea man im gonna check it out! Thank you, are they pretty nice looking I'm still deciding on size of tire too, if I go 33" or 35" I have to do the front end lift but I'm going to wait and see. What are the price ranges on these tires I got about 800-1000 $ spending range

2012 F150 XLT EcoBEAST

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Out of the three tires mentioned I have only run the bfg all terrains. Highly recommend them.

·
Registered
565 Posts
after my third factory tire went flat i was dead set on getting a set of the 10 ply BFG all terrains tires. I shopped around locally and end up not getting them i ended up getting a set of 275/70/18 Big O AT which the sales person informed me they are made by cooper tire for big o they are still a 10ply and the sales person clams they are better in the winter and they have a free 3 year road hazard. i Really hope i didnt make a really stupid mistake.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I'm sure you'll be ok. Some people say cooper isn't bad the pairs I've seen haven't lasted that long but none were ten ply. I bet you'll be ok

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
My dad had a set of those on his suburban and they didn't last long at all. Didn't like them at all. But that was a few years ago, they could have improved by now.

·
Registered
565 Posts
i had them before on a small suv and they did pretty well but the eco oost has about double power and torque then the suv did. and i dont think i had that vehicle another 3000 miles after i got the tires.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had Terra Grapplers on my previous truck and I can say that they are really reliable on and off the road. My only concern is that they seem to wear fast.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Everyone i know that has or had terra grapplers wore down really fast. I recently bought a set of toyo open country mud terrains. Everything i have heard is good on them. Getting them put on Thursday can't wait!

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts