F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Do the math and buy an Airstream!
The problem with Airstreams, is the total of the most important math. . . .

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
185 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've never seen an Airstream with slides....that is a deal breaker for me -lol
My Keystone Outback has 3 slides, now that's glamping!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Dang that's a big un ! Length/grossweight ?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
She's basically 9k dry & 38' long : blush:

No idea of gross weight ? I would just like to know so I know what mine can do. Also, do you have MaxTow or HDPP and what is the gearing and payload and GVWR. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Lol. Yea meaz. Give em the numbers.

I don't know why you post those amazing pics? It's going to happen every time. (Personally I'd love to see what you could do with an F450 Dually. I'm guessing you'd be banned in some states)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Well ArkansasEco...I have the `14 F150>145" WB 4X4 Off Road Pack; Max Tow; 1900#, Payload Package, GVWR>7650#.
And I will tell you that I am towing in the upper limits/HEAVY-lol
I have plenty of towing experience with 1/2 tons, and I also cant keep from improving the EXPERIENCE with perf mods!
Look at your potential travel trailer tongue weight vs the trucks payload package....this will let you know just how heavy that trailer is going to be.
I have 3:73 diff gears, but truth be told I would have gone for the 4:10's if only they were available for my truck.
The 3:73 is a good towing ratio IMO.
Just be careful, because the Boost is an extremely capable tow vehicle, just be safe.
20200522_184548.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yes I am an old logging hand. I have plenty towing experience also. I am envious of your payload and GVWR numbers. MaxTow was a real thing with the 12th gens. Not so much nowadays without HDPP. I am willing to go up to 10K in weight and 30' in length. Thanks !

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
He also OBVIOUSLY takes pristine care of his horse. The buggy is a nice one too.

Someday on one of my cross-continent jaunts, I hope to run across his campsite. I'd be whipping up some filets for everyone, and enjoy some listening to campfire tales.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
He also OBVIOUSLY takes pristine care of his horse. The buggy is a nice one too.

Someday on one of my cross-continent jaunts, I hope to run across his campsite. I'd be whipping up some filets for everyone, and enjoy some listening to campfire tales.

That would be awesome snake!......I do like my portable Weber-lol
And drinking will be in effect
Screenshot_20200425-220044_Facebook.jpg

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Meaz. I like that rear end cover! Does it have a drain plug? I see you opt'd for a sway bar too. I went with the Hellwig overload spring option. Yes, 3.73 gears and at least MaxTow are great from the start. I'm not near as heavy as you, but what I got works, and it's still a fun tow and enjoy getting out when I can.

Mitch

·
Registered
4 Posts
You know, it doesn't matter what anyone else has because it will never be exactly what you have or will get. Google travel trailer weight calculator and check out some of the different calculators. I've used changing Gear but there are many to choose from. I'd check out several of them to make sure your OK. If you don't have some of the info, Google what it means or how to find the answer. Good & Safe Trailering !!

·
Registered
185 Posts
You know, it doesn't matter what anyone else has because it will never be exactly what you have or will get. Google travel trailer weight calculator and check out some of the different calculators. I've used changing Gear but there are many to choose from. I'd check out several of them to make sure your OK. If you don't have some of the info, Google what it means or how to find the answer. Good & Safe Trailering !!
Why should we google and go thru all that mumble jumble when all the information and the expertise towing with the F150 Ecoboost are on these forums ? There are several of us here with a lot of towing experience who can answer questions, recommend towing accessories and parts, help with numbers, etc.

·
Administrator
10,426 Posts
I like to look at it like this.

Find the Ford towing guide. Look up the chart for your truck, and deduce the gcvwr and tow rating for your truck.

Also look at your door sticker for gvwr and payload ratings.

Figure on 15 percent tongue weight, account for the weight of occupants on top of that, and calculate a loaded trailer weight that doesn't put you over the payload rating at 12-15% OR over your gcvwr. It's not terribly complicated a.d gives you a good ballpark for what you can realistically trailer without being overloaded.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

41 - 57 of 57 Posts