F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a recent, but very happy Ecoboost owner!
It's a 2011 that I bought it second hand about 6 months ago with 35000 kms on it.
I am very happy with it, with only a few small issues/concerns.
I am sure that there are postings already, but I'll put them here (feel free to point me in the right direction)
First - the center cupholder (XLT supercab) - is there anything i can put in there that can be pulled out for cleaning? It gets awfully grimy, and it's a pain to clean!
Second - the inter-cooler GAPING hole. It is what it is... it needs air, and I get that... but I'd like to mount 2 small driving lights in there (Rigid Industries D2 spots)
any thoughts?? otherwise, i'll DEFINITELY be getting one of those mesh inserts. (i hit a robin and DESTROYED my grill in my 2006 Dodge Ram last year)

Looking forward to your input!!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Welcome glad you joined! There is tons of pics/info that address your concerns, no worries... I have seen several EcoBoost with led lights inserted in the "Gap" without any issues. Unless you live or plan to drive in extreme hot weather while towing or hauling max loads I wouldn't worry it too much with the small lights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Again the cupholder what is up with no inserts? Wth? What a dumb design. Every car should have a sleeve for cupholders. I have the same issue and am unable to keep it clean. You get one nasty drive through cup and it's done for. You have to pick at it with a toothpick. Geez Ford could have done better. I've researched into this and no cup holder inserts for the seat/console for the split bench fronts. Sucks... lemme know is anyone finds any

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
scap99
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing