F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the Market for a 2014 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 2X4 EcoBoost. The MSRP on the truck is $48,885.00: 502A, 3.5L Ecoboost, 3.31 RR Axel, Step Bar, Tailgate Step, Painted Wheels.

The dealer is offering me $38,885.00 plus tax and registration for a total out the door of $43,370.00

I have to finance with Ford for a minimum of 3 months at 5.75% and then I can go to my Credit Union.

I am not 100% certain the rebates that are being offered, however it seems to me that if the invoice of the truck is $42,806 and Ford is offering $8,750 in rebates I should be able to get the truck for $37,306 plus some amount added for dealer profit ($500).

Can someone tell me if I am off base in my final thoughts, or if the offer I have received is a good one.

Thank you,

First Timer

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
You can probably do better than that. especially being that the 15s are coming out.

i would also try and get one in 4x4... especially with the regular rear axle.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Depends a lot on your location, and the volume that particular dealership is turning around, but my initial thoughts are that you can do better.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I got my truck for 38k with 1.9 financing through Ford.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my truck for 38k with 1.9 financing through Ford.

I tried auto nation, Costco, and one other local dealer and all were about $3K higher than the dealer that offered me $10K off MSRP. The issue is the tax and license in this state (Ca)!!!! Anyone else have any helpful insite on how to get more than $10K off MSRP ?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
my truck was $59,799msrp, i got it for $39,000 if that gives you an idea of a great deal, thrown in was 3m protection on the front end, and a full protection package

·
Registered
903 Posts
You can do much better considering I got the same truck in 4x4 for only $1k more last week

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
You can probably do better than that. especially being that the 15s are coming out.

i would also try and get one in 4x4... especially with the regular rear axle.
Check location, not a lot of use for 4X4 in Florida unless your into off-road.
OP: Don't be afraid to go out of state for the best price. My wife drove from NH to I believe Pennsylvania to significantly beat the best deal she could get here.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Bingo last poster! Buy out of state for the best deal! My first F150 was bought in Oklahoma and my second was bought in Iowa. I live in Colorado and 4x4/trucks/SUVs are priced crazy and dealers don't negotiate much due to the large number of dumbarse tire kickers that pay full MSRP and are happy with the $200 coupon they find online.

BTW, I got financed at 1.62% from my last dealer.

·
Registered
903 Posts
my truck was $59,799msrp, i got it for $39,000 if that gives you an idea of a great deal, thrown in was 3m protection on the front end, and a full protection package
I'd love to see this guy's actual paper work...$20799 knocked off seems a bit too good to believe haha

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I'd love to see this guy's actual paper work...$20799 knocked off seems a bit too good to believe haha
Something tells me there was a trade involved that he neglected to mention. But your right he did say what he said.
Mine was sticker at 40k and I financed 28k with included a 4K trade. I thought I did pretty good.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Something tells me there was a trade involved that he neglected to mention. But your right he did say what he said.
Mine was sticker at 40k and I financed 28k with included a 4K trade. I thought I did pretty good.
Heck yeah, not bad at all there!

·
Registered
126 Posts
This.

Mine stickered for 46,650. I got it for 35,287...that included 5500 in rebates. My deal was A-plan (non-negotiable, best price available) and was 41,187 before the rebates, though the dummy accidentally took off another 400 bringing the total to 40,787. After my trade, rebates, tax, etc I financed 33,700.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2014 FX4 fully loaded for $40,500...Pretty much loaded. so I would say...You should get it down at least another $1,500.

·
Registered
253 Posts
yeah, if you look at his previous postings he traded in a 2013 RAM on a leftover 2013 Lariat 4x4. CANADIAN sticker was 59,799 CANADIAN. My 2014 Lariat has everything his 2013 has plus factory tailgate step and optional upgraded TriColor white platinum paint and its MSRP was only $53.9k

His deal on his leftover 2013 was also finalized this April 2014 when dealers had 2014s on the lots.

Trades can really distort what really was paid. Also he posted his initial Loan interest rate was 29%.

Reactions: mikemetz82

·
Registered
202 Posts
I bought my 2013 lariat plus 4x4 for 347xx... it had been on the lot for 7 months. I'm pretty sure I got it at rock bottom price. This was a month or so before the 14s came out.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
i had no equity in the trade, and that one wasn't at 29%, I also bought the truck at a dealer i used to work at, but yeah, the actually price was 39k, the trade and stuff doesn't come into play until after

·
Registered
32 Posts
One dealer here is advertising 11,000 off MSRP right out of the gate. I leased from another dealer, but when we looked at a purchase they were also willing to start at 11,000 off the MSRP right away. There is probably hidden money or incentives for dealerships to start clearing the leftover 150s.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts