F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never considered the 2.7 but I was having trouble finding the 3.5 in my price range with the options I wanted. I ended up buying a new 2019 2.7 xlt with the 302a and sport packages. Sticker was 52000. I got them down to 41750 out the door. I thought it was a good deal but am now seeimg a lot of different rebates and even saw a guy on this forum get the same package but with the 3.5 in Ruby red for I believe 41k. Did I get a good deal? Just looking for piece of mind.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Just my opinion, but I don't let tomorrow's price steal yesterday's joy.

Or put another way, those very few times we drive home in a BRAND NEW vehicle are few and possibly even rare. It's usually a great experience. I choose not to let someone else's purchase sully my good times. Rather I just give kudos to whoever might have gotten just as good or better deal than I did.

Afterall, there's more than 350 million people in the U. S.
Do I have to win some kind of purchasing contest with THAT many participants?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Just my opinion, but I don't let tomorrow's price steal yesterday's joy.

Or put another way, those very few times we drive home in a BRAND NEW vehicle are few and possibly even rare. It's usually a great experience. I choose not to let someone else's purchase sully my good times. Rather I just give kudos to whoever might have gotten just as good or better deal than I did.

Afterall, there's more than 350 million people in the U. S.
Do I have to win some kind of purchasing contest with THAT many participants?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
This, so much this.

After I bought my 19 I pretty much now just skim over the threads about what people got theirs for and I don't go looking around at truck prices. Don't want to know don't care, love my truck. You got pretty much 10 grand off the MSRP, consider that really good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
This, so much this.

After I bought my 19 I pretty much now just skim over the threads about what people got theirs for and I don't go looking around at truck prices. Don't want to know don't care, love my truck. You got pretty much 10 grand off the MSRP, consider that really good.

He did better than 10K off. His total is with tax, license, and other fees. Mine was 48,500, reduced to 34,500. After taxes, fees, came to about 40K.
Definitely got a good deal!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
He did better than 10K off. His total is with tax, license, and other fees. Mine was 48,500, reduced to 34,500. After taxes, fees, came to about 40K.
Definitely got a good deal!
Even better, guess I should have said, if you got at least 10k off MSRP that's good

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I say anytime you can get 10k off, it's good. That's what I did on mine and couldn't be happier.. Can't believe that was 6 years ago!! The truck is paid off now and still gives me a smile every time I drive it. Even a bigger smile when I tow with it!

Of course someone else always gets a better deal... Just like you got a better deal than someone else did.. In the end, if it's what you want for the price you felt good about paying, why worry about what the other guy did??

Just bought my new 2019 Rockwood TT... Got it for about 10k off of it too and was glad to get it! In the end, I'm a happy camper and just want to enjoy my toys and that's what I'm doing! :)

Good luck!

Mitch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts