F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good dealer to do the basic service on the new truck. Picked up a 2013 f150 scab 4x4 ecoboost and would like to keep all the oil changes through the dealer while in the power train warranty. I also have a few small issues to address.

I've had bad experiences with Mac haik in Georgetown. Based off that I'm weary of any big box dealers like Leif Johnson or the maxwell lots. I'm in Georgetown for reference.

Any direction would be appreciated and much thanks in advance!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Is there a Ford dealer in Marble Falls. What about Killeen.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I don't know anything about these dealers. I have just noticed that they are there when we ("Winter Texans") are in the area.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been going to Mac Haik of Georgetown, best Service hands down!! Don't trust Killeen, when there is a military installation they tend to take the Joe's to the cleaners. I've been doing all my EcoBoost servicing since I bought new. Miguel is my Tech and he is an outstanding guy who works on Sheila every single time I go there. So they have plenty experience when it comes to EcoBoost engines. I had to have them replace two seals under warranty, front engine seal and the tranny rear seal. Knock on wood have not had any other issues.

Again I drove an hour each time for Sheila and the wifes GT, and she also doesn't mind going there after dealing with Lampasas and Killeen. The guys treat her very well there, not like Lampasas where they treat her like she doesn't have a clue about her car.

I highly recommend them!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Who was your service advisor?

I never take my truck to the service advisor, Quick Lane is where its at! I say go there again pretty much everyone up front is good and tell them you want Miguel to Service your truck...I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I learned real quick that Service side is not where you want to go especially if it is for basic stuff.

Either way if you meet Miguel in the Quick Lane for Service tell him that Joaquin sent you his way. He has been working on it for the last 92k miles so far and it is a 2012 and I live outside of Killeen. Hell if you want I'll even meet up with you and go there with you and introduce you to the Quick Lane Pit Crew...lol, these guys are great people. I always stand back there and watch them work and they do anything I ask within reason. I even had them install and do the alignment on my wife's GT at 3k miles. I have MUCHO Trust in them!

Looking for a good dealer to do the basic service on the new truck. Picked up a 2013 f150 scab 4x4 ecoboost and would like to keep all the oil changes through the dealer while in the power train warranty. I also have a few small issues to address.

I've had bad experiences with Mac haik in Georgetown. Based off that I'm weary of any big box dealers like Leif Johnson or the maxwell lots. I'm in Georgetown for reference.

Any direction would be appreciated and much thanks in advance!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've purchased there once but never used them for anything else, but there is one in Marble Falls.

Is there a Ford dealer in Marble Falls. What about Killeen.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ill skip the quick lube shop After having them recommend and put c rated tires on my f150. I was young and inexperienced so i went with whatever they suggested. they barely made it a year in the texas heat before the sidewalls cracked.

on top of that the service department lied to me about a diagnostic fee. Told me it would be 100 to diagnose as it was a standard fee. 2-3 days later I get a call the engine has a knock and it'll be 550 for the diagnosis. I will give them that they went to great lengths to try to find the problem, they gave me no heads up for the price increase. I told the service manager, can't remember the guys name but he's a bay or two in front of Julie, that I would be by to get it and we could discuss. Guy said he'd be there till 6. i pulled in at 530 and he had split and they would not release the truck without payment and could t discuss the issue with me. Said I had to talk to my service manager. Mad is an understatement. I came back later with my boss for other reasons, we bought 6-8 trucks from them that year, and he brought it up becuse he thought it was strange too. Dude had no answers and basically told me sucks to be you, you paid for it.

Thanks for the references, but I won't be back to Mac haik flm.

I had planned to steer clear of Killeen for the reasons mentioned above. Anyone have any opinions/experience with covert in hutto?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ill skip the quick lube shop After having them recommend and put c rated tires on my f150. I was young and inexperienced so i went with whatever they suggested. they barely made it a year in the texas heat before the sidewalls cracked.

on top of that the service department lied to me about a diagnostic fee. Told me it would be 100 to diagnose as it was a standard fee. 2-3 days later I get a call the engine has a knock and it'll be 550 for the diagnosis. I will give them that they went to great lengths to try to find the problem, they gave me no heads up for the price increase. I told the service manager, can't remember the guys name but he's a bay or two in front of Julie, that I would be by to get it and we could discuss. Guy said he'd be there till 6. i pulled in at 530 and he had split and they would not release the truck without payment and could t discuss the issue with me. Said I had to talk to my service manager. Mad is an understatement. I came back later with my boss for other reasons, we bought 6-8 trucks from them that year, and he brought it up becuse he thought it was strange too. Dude had no answers and basically told me sucks to be you, you paid for it.

Thanks for the references, but I won't be back to Mac haik flm.

I had planned to steer clear of Killeen for the reasons mentioned above. Anyone have any opinions/experience with covert in hutto?

Thanks in advance!
Man very sorry to hear that, I'm happy to report I haven't had any issues of that magnitude. Was the Service Advisor's name Brandon? Well I know that Lampasas Ford has better prices for service, just don't know how far of the a drive that would be for you. Hutto could be closer to you. That is very unfortunate to hear, I have had a one big issue with the Ecoboost and that was the misfire, bad plug, bad coil and killed the left cat. But again they fixed it, I did however have to pay for the repairs but I did not replace the left cat as it was way over priced for a new one. So I went after market everything to make sure it won't happen again.

Hope you find a good place and one that you can have the same relationship I've had with my techicians.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure who it was. I still have the paperwork in my records I could dig it out if you wanted a name to avoid haha.

I knew it was a bad sign when they came out of the service bay and asked me where my jack equipment was located on my truck during the tire change haha.

If I have good luck with someone ill follow up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts