F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just recently bought a new 2013 ecoboost and want to put in an intake and was looking the afe stage 2 twin air filter intake is it good? Or what do u guys recommend

·
Registered
393 Posts
Has anybody had warranty issues by installing the twin air filter intakes on the ecoboost? I would like to have one, but not sure about the warranty. Maybe I should just ask my dealer...?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't heard anyone loosing warranty by installing an Intake. As long as the part has been installed correctly there shouldn't be any problems. I've done a cai on every car I've ever owned and my dealers never turned me away. And as long as its not the cause of the issue ur brining it in for ur fine.

·
Vendor
1,120 Posts
I feel like I write alot of THAT word "Warranty". Im not an expert and each dealer is different. But here is my take on it. The cold air can technically void the warranty. Most dealers let is slide because the warranty issue you came in with is not related to the intake. Because of a lawsuit from a couple years back, the dealer can only not honor your warranty if the part in question (Intake) caused the issue. So if your SYNC system doesnt work, they cant blame it on the intake. Probably not the best example but you get the idea.

So like Hunter73 said, you should probably talk to your dealer before you install one.

·
Vendor
1,120 Posts
Kind o the same answer as the intake alone, its going to give a couple HP and with the intake you may feel an increase. For under 100 its not a bad buy. Just to clarify it will not work with the afe charge pipe. It pushed the charge pipe out into the radiator shrouding. Given the 2 options I would go with the charge pipe. I think it is a better mod. Install is a pain in the butt on the intercooler pipe.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How would you go about installing the charge pipe to make it an easier install? Or is it just wedging it in so it fits in the right spot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tbs really didnt do much in my minds its just to say it done. The stock charge pipe was still a bit of a wrestling match to get back on with tbs in place

1 - 17 of 17 Posts