F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright my dudes - I have plenty of questions for insight but first thing I want to address if a question on stereo.

I have a 2013 king ranch with sync 2. Im not a fan of sync 2. I love sync 3, but I’ve also experienced the joy of pioneer NEX aftermarket systems in a previous vehicle.

I really want to update the deck to benefit from apple carplay but I also want to keep the system appearing as OEM and maintain OEM function for features such as control of AC/Heated seats, climate control, etc. I’ve thought about buying the sync 3 stereo on Amazon for like $500, but I’ve also contemplated getting the pioneer AVIC-W8600NEX or something similar.

Has anyone updated to a NEX system? Are you able to keep those controls that come with sync?

Side note - I’d love to add actual buttons for AC/Heated seats like the 13th gen and forward… has anyone on here done that mod?

· Registered
114 Posts
Something that might help your decision. It's super hard to find anything in stock. I had to pre-order a headunit from crutchfield and wait a month for them to actually get it in.
Other than that the Maestro module is what you'll need to get it to play nicely with the OEM stuff.

· Registered
640 Posts
Good luck, Im following. Been wanting a nice touchscreen to upgrade away from my sync 1. Cant wait to see what you come up with.

· Premium Member
17 Lariat SCLB Max Tow 4x4
1,203 Posts
Reactions: snakebitten

· Registered
640 Posts
Any updates?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts