F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for reviews on the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tire. I'm curious to how it compares agains the BFG All-Terrain K/O and Nitto Terra Grappler.

Goodyear offers the DuraTrac in a 295/65R18 that is 33.1" tall and weights only 58 pounds. Not bad considering the next size up 295/70/18 (34.41") is roughly 65 pounds.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couple pics of the 295/65/18 installed on an F150.

blue-f150-duratrac1.JPG blue-f150-duratrac2.JPG
(source: Stormsearch)

The top photo is with a 1.5" lift, the bottom photo is no lift.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Dan- they are extremely popular up here in AK. Great tread life to them and they do exceptional in slippy conditions. They do have a bit of road noise to them but they are pretty smooth on the hard surface roads.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had them on my duramax, they began to get a howl to them after some miles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have them in a 275/70-18. i love tnem. i work in a tire shop and trust they are great! i think bfgs will last longer but not much. also as long as you rotate and keep up on shocks struts and alignment you will be fine as far as road noise. just have to avoided thecupping in the tread,

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anyone else is considering these tires, I've been looking all over and the best price I've seen is $258 @ a good year auto service center. Most other places sell these for $283,$295,$310+.

Goodyear is also offering a $60 rebate on a set of four right now. Not bad at all :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
Ranger Dan
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing