F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it has been a month or so since I took delivery of my FX4ECO and the wife has noticed how much I have enjoyed driving the truck and the performance of the Eco. She even brought it to my attention that I have not offered her the opportunity to drive the new truck.

A year and a half ago we purchased a new tuxedo black 2012 Taurus Limited loaded out for her. Yesterday the Sales Manager from the local dealer called and mentioned that the rebates had just gone up on the 2013 Ford Taurus SHO. So, we went up and did a couple of test drives. One in Tuxedo Black the other in that Tri-color metallic White. The difference between the two other than color is that the black has the adaptive cruise control (which the current Limited also has) and the white SHO has the Performance Pkg (higher speed rated tires, firmer sport suspension, lower geared drive ratio, suede leather heated steering wheel). I must say that the performance package does make a huge difference in the handling and performance of he SHO.

So the dilemma is, whether to spend the $16,659.00 trade difference out the door to put Mama in an Ecoboost? I know, a Happy Mama usually means a Happy Papa....right?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My Son called this morning on his way into work (did I mention that the Sales Manager who called was my Son?). I told him to get the windows tinted on the white SHO, top the tank, a quick detail and call me when it's ready to roll.

Looks like we are going to be a Two Eco Couple by days end.

Time to go dust off the Nomad and slap a For Sale sign on it.
Which is find, I've put less than 25 miles on it since I purchased it 5 months ago. Just love driving the Mustang GT convert more top down than the ride of the bike.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I have two eco-beasts in my garage, it's a good site to see :) A Focus ST (turbo) and FX4 (twin-turbo).

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have two eco-beasts in my garage, it's a good site to see :) A Focus ST (turbo) and FX4 (twin-turbo).
My buddy has a focus st also.. Quick lil thing.. We have been throwing parts at it for the past month. All Cobb intercooler, access tuner, motor mount, and cat back as of 2 days.. Its pretty wicked

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
If my SO said she wanted to trade her 08 Mercury Mariner on a new Eco (this would NEVER happen) I'd be the first to sign...bet the new SHO is a beauty sitting in the driveway! And white is nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
143 Posts
I love the wheels! Sweet ride! I better not let mama see it! :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
That is a beautiful car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
13 Participants
Kc311
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing