F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Welcome to the addiction!!

It really makes you appreciate how bright other guy's rigs really are when you know how much the camera takes away from it.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I have to go kill myself now...

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I don't get it?
Vol is a KC fan since he deals with them for work.. lol

I'm going to sneak some rigids into his headlight retrofit... ;)

Reactions: ford4thot

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Vol is a KC fan since he deals with them for work.. lol

I'm going to sneak some rigids into his headlight retrofit... ;)
i-do-not-think-so.png

And go ahead and tell the truth bro....I'm not a Rigid hater....contrary to my anti kool-aid post impressions.....:p

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
KMSl, he's honest about Rigid being among the top lighting companies, but he refuses to buy them still...

He's stuck in the eighties with his KC's :p

Reactions: Raiderfan1890

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
KMSl, he's honest about Rigid being among the top lighting companies, but he refuses to buy them still...

He's stuck in the eighties with his KC's :p
Alright now...if you're gonna say it, get your story straight....HID Off-Road lighting (I don't have any halogens) didn't appear readily in the U.S. market until the early 90's...around the time you were born....:rolleyes:

Reactions: leverkyle

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Alright now...if you're gonna say it, get your story straight....HID Off-Road lighting (I don't have any halogens) didn't appear readily in the U.S. market until the early 90's...around the time you were born....:rolleyes:

Lol, you got my age right..., but your heads are still halogen...

In all seriousness HID's will out distance LEDs by a long shot, but when it comes to coverage LED's are the way to go! This is why Vol and I both run a combination of HID and LED lighting.

Reactions: VolForLife

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Lol, you got my age right..., but your heads are still halogen...
Not for long I hope! Even with 3800K H13 bulbs they look like kerosene lanterns comparatively....

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I'm so glad my truck came with the OEM HID's.

I just couldn't leave well enough alone... lol

Reactions: BlueFlameFX4

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I think HID's are going to be my next project, retro my own, can't be that hard for someone who can do half ass work. Hardest part will be just finding a place to shine them while aiming them. I agree, once adding aftermarket lights to the front the stock halogens look extremely weak.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Mine were really easy, since everything bolted in. The halogen housings will be a bit more difficult to mount the projectors, but it should still be fairly easy.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Ruby....sorry about derailing your thread man....your install looks good and you will definitely be happy with your purchase...:cool:

Reactions: GeneralSantaAna

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Sorry Ruby, we have a bad habit of doing that..

Reactions: VolForLife

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Nice job man! Love my Rigid D2's and have them in the exact same place as you :) I'd say they're comparable to my HID lo beams maybe a little brighter.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Yeah I thought you wanted to grille mount them but that's a good spot! Watch your aim tho, if you don't tilt them down slightly, you'll blind other drivers...and I'm not making a joke here...

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts