F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the board and need some advice. Got my new "Mistress" (wife named) Black on Black FX2 3.55 dif 402a. Would like some advice on what I am planning please and how it might affect performance. I have less then 200 miles on her and spool up is a bit slow and response from pedal to acceleration lag. Heres what I am thinking, Part 1..AFE Stage 2 intake, Heart Throb exhaust, SCT tune. Part 2 Bilstein 5100 leveling kit, Full race meth kit and LED light bar behind grill. I also noticed under the hood that the charge pipe has a funky bend from intercooler to TB, If I get a new charge pipe straighter is that where you would put the bung for the meth nozzle? 1 last thing, the Bilstein 5100 give 2" level in front does it do anything in the back? I would like to run 33"-34" tires would I be able to do it? Thanks in advance guys. Love these boards and the collaboration.

Good travels
Robert

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum!

I am a stock EcoBeast driver, but your mod list looks intriguing.

Just from others I have heard the Afe stage 2 and heartthrob are the best intake and exhaust combo. If you are expecting a good sounding exhaust you probably wont find one for the EcoBeast. If you prefer power over sound you will be happy with the Heartthrob.

Any leveling or large tires are gonna hurt your fuel economy if that matters to you.

Otherwise I am sure the modded folks will chime in with more info.

Regards,

SPPD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Performance and MPG is what I want, I know it all depends on your right foot. I travel 30m to work one way, high use cruise control. But when that special song comes on the radio or you have that a$$O driver, I would like too have some fun hehe.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Larger tires and a level will greatly reduce your mpg. Afe2 and heartthrob are good choices. I personally could never get used to the sound so I stay silent. Unless the level kit specifically states it has rear blocks or anything, then it's probably just a front shock mount.

An exhaust and intake will add to the feel and sound but a tune will unleash the most power and torque of the vehicle that is hidden by the stock tune.

Keep in mind any plans to tow as that will impact what mods to do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The most I will be towing is a 2k smoker. I was driving a 4x4 expy 5.4 w magnaflow. I like a little noise. Mainly trying to get rid of the lag btw press of foot to excelleration.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is the smoker I am saving for by christmas, along with the mods above. If you can do shoulder, ribs, belly of a pig and brisket... a true BBQist can do a whole hog..
h

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Welcome! If I had space and time...brisket would be in the smoker often!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've commented on other posts about leveling kits, I went with a 2" and it rides great, again I don't haul much so the weight difference isn't gonna raise my front. if you go up too much then you're gonna have to deal with blocks in the rear and playing games with the rake. I went with Magnaflow for the exhaust, its a single in single out and splits about 6" back. It has a decent sound and ill post a video soon, however that throaty sounding V8 isn't gonna happen on an Ecoboost and if someone finds that it will please contact me as Ive gone through 4 different mufflers to get this sound. Id focus more on the overall performance like these guys have mentioned. I'm gonna do at a CAI to mine and eventually a functional ram air hood and a performance chip down the road, you have a nice punch list of items and I'm sure it will be nice...good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts