F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, picked up my new Ecoboost. Love it

truck2.jpg truck.jpg

Also, have a quick question. Can I put a rigid light bar in the cooler intake slot?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nice ride Mike! I too picked the FX4 and I love it! I have seen a few different options for the whole where the cooler is. If you sniiff around this forum you will see them all. There is one truck I seen with the light bar I think you want to install. looks wicked too. I can't remember which thread I seen it at though. Happy hunting on finding what you want. Lots of good stuff here. Welcome.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Nice Truck and nice Screen Name!

Welcome to the forum. Great choice with the EcoBeast!

SPPD

·
Registered
860 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike! Congrats on the new Ecoboost! I'd be worried about blocking air if a light bar was mounted in front of the intercooler. It would look awesome though!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new FX4. It looks sweet!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Mike- forgot to tell you that a have seen several EcoBoost here in Alaska running light bars in the open area, the ones I get to chat at say they have had no issues. Really popular set up around here as I can imagine over there too lol.

Update Just happen to Run into a friends truck (new member too AKSilverBoost) and this is his truck with the LED light Bar. He will be getting on here and can talk about the install and also maybe post some pics of the install. He has it set-up to work when the High Beams are switched on.

Light Bar.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have heard anything added to this area will void the factory warranty. Not sure if it is true but heard enough times that I stopped looking for a guard in this spot.

·
Registered
589 Posts
We have Bikini Februarys... Visit South Texas, you may never leave! ;)
That is crazy talk but we wear those here too in February prop not as long and we do polar bear swims.. You two should come on up it will be really "Cool" lol

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have heard anything added to this area will void the factory warranty. Not sure if it is true but heard enough times that I stopped looking for a guard in this spot.
So far that hasn't been a issue with the dealers up here. But up here every dealer understands that almost every truck driver is going to put additional lights on the truck given how dark our winters get around here. Could be different in other palces...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Ecobeast!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
12 Participants
AKSilverboost
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing