F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't wait to get it installed.
Is there anything special I need to know. I'm gonna have a auto performance shop install it. I'm not mechanically inclined at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just gonna print the instructions off the RX website and direct my installer to contact RX with any questions.

·
Registered
750 Posts
This is a install on a SHO but you can do the exact same thing on the Boost trucks! We will be using this in our future install instructions. This will work with any CAI.

I picked up a variety pack of rubber caps (couldn't find anything in 5/8" by itself)
View attachment 11724
Package came with two, so I ended up re-capping the OEM clean side barb on the valve front valve cover.
View attachment 11726
Then I removed the CSS vacuum connector from the vacuum barb on the front intake pipe and replaced it with a cap.
View attachment 11727
Next step was deciding where in the air box I wanted to drill the hole for the CSS port.
After looking at the removed connector from the front intake pipe, I decided I wanted to stay away from the IAT sensor in the air box port.
View attachment 11728
I decided to stick with a 3/8" elbow...no sense in going bigger just to reduce it to a smaller hose. Even with the oversized rubber grommet, there was enough room to drill a 3/4" hole with a step-bit, and stay in between the vanes of the air box.
View attachment 11730
You can see the elbow has a barb on it that tightly seats and seals with the grommet, so no liquid gasket was required. Plus I drilled the hole a 1/16" under so it would be snug. I actually ended up making a parts run later in the day, so I picked up some heavier duty Dorman 3/8" elbows to replace the one in the pic.
View attachment 11731
View attachment 11732

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I'll print this out for my installer for the clean side. Could you post a link for installation on the dirty side that I can print out as well. I know there's a couple on here just wanted to get the ones you guys think are the best. I just wanna make sure they get it right and I've never used them for anything before.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Look at Boosted Limiteds pics on doing one less drill! Good change.
I'm not following Boosted's mod at all. He simply routes the hose from the Clean Side Separator cap to the intake box instead of the valve cover. How does this eliminate having to drill one of the holes in the turbo inlet pipe?

·
Registered
750 Posts
All you do instead of drilling in the turbo inlet pipe (drivers side) drill in the air box run that to the clean side oil cap. Then use the factory connection on the turbo inlet (drivers side the grey fitting) to connect to the passenger side turbo inlet pipe

·
Registered
869 Posts
All you do instead of drilling in the turbo inlet pipe (drivers side) drill in the air box run that to the clean side oil cap. Then use the factory connection on the turbo inlet (drivers side the grey fitting) to connect to the passenger side turbo inlet pipe
Gotcha.

However, in your instructions on the SHO install you stated that you used a rubber cap on the turbo inlet pipe fitting. "Then I removed the CSS vacuum connector from the vacuum barb on the front intake pipe and replaced it with a cap."

Now you say that is where the driver side line can connect to.

I'm not meaning to bust anyone's balls on the issue with the RX catch can instructions, but these are the kinds of things driving folks nuts in the instructions.

Reactions: VolForLife

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Guys please excuse my ignorance if this is a stupid question.
Why does the intercooler have to be removed. I've never heard this mentioned in any other threads.?

Looks like they just want to make sure it's not full of crap before you install the new can.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Guys please excuse my ignorance if this is a stupid question.
Why does the intercooler have to be removed. I've never heard this mentioned in any other threads.?

Removing and draining the cac is a new one on me. Pretty sure my instructions didn't say that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally got installed! Whew! 2,100 miles hope I didn't wait too long. Been driving my little Nissan good to be back in the f-150

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK so I have extra parts a couple of elbows and what looks like miniature air filter. What is going on?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts