F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a short trip last weekend into the Sierra Nevada mountains in northern CA. I went from sea level to over 7,000 feet.....and back. Average mpg for the 340 mile round trip was 20.5. 17 something on the way up and 23 something on the way down for a 20.5 average. I cruised between 65-75.....85% freeway. I am continually impressed with this truck!!!.....John

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Well Done!

SPPD

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Just made a round trip to Iowa this weekend. Hard SSW crosswind going out, NNW minor cross coming back. Auto Pilot engaged 99% of the time. Speed was 70-75 most of the trip except for a stint on 30 between Ames and Cedar Rapids (about 50 miles) where 60 was reasonable and proper. Hit the last exit for home with 20.0 on the clock. Overall average with town/country was 19.8. I ain't complainin'!

By the way, the instant mileage indicator once again proved to me that drafting semis will indeed get you better mileage (a lot better) but they go too slow up hill for me...

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Such good fuel economy for a full size truck, yet an incredible amount of power by just pressing the gas harder. AND its not a diesel!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Just made a round trip to Iowa this weekend. Hard SSW crosswind going out, NNW minor cross coming back. Auto Pilot engaged 99% of the time. Speed was 70-75 most of the trip except for a stint on 30 between Ames and Cedar Rapids (about 50 miles) where 60 was reasonable and proper. Hit the last exit for home with 20.0 on the clock. Overall average with town/country was 19.8. I ain't complainin'!

By the way, the instant mileage indicator once again proved to me that drafting semis will indeed get you better mileage (a lot better) but they go too slow up hill for me...
You gotta be careful in Iowa since they have those speed cameras everywhere. In Davenport I swear there is one on every light pole.

SPPD

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good news to read. Tell us more about your truck.
2012 super cab 4X4 XLT....bought 10 months old with 18K on it....was a little nervous as to why someone would trade it so soon with relatively high miles for 10 months.....ford certified used so Ford extended the bumper to bumper to 48/48,000 and the power train to 7 yrs/100,000 mi........figured I cant go wrong........I'm a 62yr old motor and have built and bought many trucks and other then my 72 Chevy short bed fleetside with 450hp, this is by far the most exciting!!..........John

·
Registered
588 Posts
That is a sweet mpg story! I'm with you the Eco keeps amazing me more and more!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts