F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to you all! I've had my F-150 since 2013 and it's been a great truck to have. It is starting to show some wear, so I figured I needed a good place to come to maybe get some advice. As to the details of my truck, it's a 2013 F-150 FX4 Supercrew with the 3.5L V6 ecoboost engine. It has about 250k miles on it, so it's been around the block a few times. This past weekend, when driving up to the mountains here (not under any heavy load, i.e. not towing anything), when driving uphill and then going to pass someone, when I stepped on it, and the engine dropped down into 4th gear and revved up to 4000 rpm, the truck would shudder, fell like it was losing power, and the check engine light would blink. Once back on level or downhill slopes, when the engine would unload the transmission, the check engine light would go out. I think it has something to do with the turbocharger, but I'm not all that up to speed on exactly how turbochargers work and are integrated into the engine system (though I could detail to you how a jet engine/gas turbine engine works, go figure).

So I am glad to be a part of this community, and am looking forward to learning new things about my truck!

V/R,
Tim

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Welcome fellow booster!

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
655 Posts
Welcome.
Arizona is typically a dry climate mostly I know. Has the weather been more wet than usual there or where the issue occurred ?

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
655 Posts
Thank you for the response! It has been a little wetter here than usual.
-Tim
I figgered as much. A couple WOT pulls until shutoff will probly get the condensation out of the system. Do this weekly until the weather gets dry or anytime you think it needs it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts