F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a 2013 F150 Lariat EcoBoost.This is my second Ford but not in Sucession,I just traded in my 2003 Chevy 2500HD,previous truck was an 1987 F250 Xlt.Retired Navy Chief,Work in Oilfields of Northeastern Utah.will be interesting to see how this truck works. in subzero temps of the winter.

1459858_10201321683297850_1002806399_n.jpg

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome fellow Utahan. Nice looking truck. Don't get as cold as you do but never had any trouble with the cold with my last 09 Lariat. Haven't had any really cold tepms in SLC to test out my 13 Platinum yet. It was 16 degrees this morning. SLC is in the warm climate compared to where you have to work. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome From Florida!...don't have to worry about the cold here :)

That is a nice looking truck. White EB,4x4 off road is a nice combo...very eye pleasing.
Sounds like you'll put it to good use.

Thank you for your service, hope the EB treats you as well as it treats all of us!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 EcoBoost Forum!

The cold should be no problemo for you. We have several members in Alaska and they are having no issues with cold weather.

There is a consensus on this forum that White EcoBoosts are the best, so great choice of color!

SPPD

Reactions: Utahtrucker

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas. 40 degrees is a rarity here but 105 degrees is typical...

What's you opinion going from the 2500HD to the little ol' v6?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Welcome to the F150 EcoBoost Forum!

The cold should be no problemo for you. We have several members in Alaska and they are having no issues with cold weather.

There is a consensus on this forum that White EcoBoosts are the best, so great choice of color!

SPPD
No such consenus exits. White is not a color.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Welocme to the forum Utahtrucker.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It should do just fine in the cold. Mine saw -12 this week and has seen -45 a few times. Just go easy and they do fine.

As for White, nice choice! It IS the best color!

All jokes aside, welcome and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll let you know when I have to pull a trailer.waiting on dealer to tell me its ok to put a gooseneck in!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Pssst.... some people on here don't think that white is a color :p

I love my non color OxFord White

·
Registered
523 Posts
We have very similar trucks. Did you find yours on a dealer lot or did you have to order? Best I could find in the truck capital of the world was trucks that had one option I didn't want and 2 or three options missing that I desired. I spent months looking and calling before I ended up ordering.

I also sold a got rid of a 2500HD like you, mine was a '02. Guy from Canada flew down and bought it, drove it back to Canada. Man I miss that truck.

Will be interesting to understand your thoughts on benefits and differences you notice between your 2500HD and your new EB.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In all honesty, I was at the dealer trying to work out a deal on a 2013 F350 Lariat with the 6.7.after toooo many hours of negotiations.on trying to decide if i really wanted another diesel.because to be truthful. I own a Water Truck Company working in the Uinta Basin, and am use to spending 3500.00 a month on diesel.and lately other than pulling a motorcycle trailer or an fifth wheel. my duramax had turned into a Boy Toy Sport truck(Eating up Mustangs,Camaros,my truck likes to put Hemi's to shame). while still achieving 24 mpg in the Max.But lets not forget.the Transmission had been replace at 76,000 miles,no biggie under warranty.but the biggest burden(@105,000 miles) was the 8 new injectors,plus the pump for an astonishing $6500.00 out of pocket mind you.Small bill compared to the inframe I paid $15,000 for my Semi Truck.S o back to the New Truck.The dealer(actually the sales Mgr) had suggested try looking at the F150 EcoBoost.while the salesman was bringing up this truck he was describing it to me 365hp/420 ft lbs [email protected] while being in a powerplant of a 3.5 Ltr V-6 with twin turbo's.and I was shocked.Towing capacity @11,200lbs,payload around 3500lbs.with max tow,then another tow package this 1/2 ton Cadillac arrives infront of me.It had every package installed in it that would make this the ultimate movable "Man Cave".and I was Hooked,Drooling ,Foaming at the mouth!!!. the dealer gave me $16,500 for my 10 year old chevy 2500HD with 121,600 miles.plus the Incentive's and the Rebates for the Black Friday Deals.I stole this 1/2 ton Beauty,with the sticker at $53,000. then I reaffimed the negotiations.to make a long story short. I ended up paying like $30,000 and change then financed it at 1.9% for 5 years.

1459858_10201321683297850_1002806399_n.jpg

156261_1541534732071_7547123_n.jpg

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts