F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 F150 with a 3.5 ecoboost. My lower grill shutter actuator seems to not want to shut off. The shutters close and then the actuator continues to turn creating a popping sound continuously. I have unplugged the actuator to stop the problem, not fix it. I don't know if the actuator it self stops the movement of the grill or the signal sending unit does the stop. Perhaps I have a faulty actuator.
Does anyone know what may be the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No luck with an answer. I simply disconnected the shutter actuator with the shutters open. I live in Florida so the cold is no issue here. I have had no issues after doing this.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
No luck with an answer. I simply disconnected the shutter actuator with the shutters open. I live in Florida so the cold is no issue here. I have had no issues after doing this.
Question

My chance have you installed any lights or ran wire through the actuator shutters by chance?

I was experiencing the same thing, and only to realize on my 2015 had, when I installed the raptor grille, I ran the wires through the shutters, dummy me. I got the popping sound too, until I realized it.... Anyways, just a thought!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Question

My chance have you installed any lights or ran wire through the actuator shutters by chance?

I was experiencing the same thing, and only to realize on my 2015 had, when I installed the raptor grille, I ran the wires through the shutters, dummy me. I got the popping sound too, until I realized it.... Anyways, just a thought!
Thanks for the thought, however, that is not my situation. No wires to block the shutters.
Glad it fixed your problem though.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Thanks for the thought, however, that is not my situation. No wires to block the shutters.
Glad it fixed your problem though.
Worth the reply, as it helped another member, he ran some fog light wires and experienced the same thing.

On another note, there is a thread to fix an issue with the shutter gear skipping timing, there is a way to reset it.... may or may not be an issue of yours

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost,
25 Posts
Are the 2 actuators (Behind the radio and passenger foot well) the same actuators? So I have this same issue on my 2013 with Dual climate control. I just replaced the actuator behind the radio and came to realize that was not the problem and I am not redoing that to pull the actuator I installed out again. So I have the actuator that that came out behind the radio that I know now is still good. My question is, can I use the actuator I pulled from behind the radio and replace the pass foot well actuator with that one?

·
Registered
513 Posts
The inside actuators are different. These are specific to the grill shutters in front of the radiator and intercooler, outside 2015 and newer trucks, not blend doors inside.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost,
25 Posts
Well, I obviously posted in the wrong thread. Thank you. Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts