F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an all chrome grille, wanting to replace it with one that has a white surround (to match).
Will a 2011-12 grille replace my 2013 one?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Have an all chrome grille, wanting to replace it with one that has a white surround (to match). Will a 2011-12 grille replace my 2013 one?
Yes. I have an 11 xl grille. Getting it painted to match my paint

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have looked at changing the grill on my FX4 but have't pulled the trigger yet.

Ebay has much better pricing than dealer price. FX, Ranch King, and Limited have paint to match surrounds so keep that in mind when you search. I haven't seen the surround sold separate from the complete grill though but you may be able to order just that part from your dealer. The grill surround and center piece are separate parts held together with tabs.

When you remove your old grill, there are a set of tabs on the top part that will likely break so that piece may not be reusable. There are instructional videos on youtube showing how to remove.

If you do this please post how it goes.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Reactions: Tuffmag

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I have looked at changing the grill on my FX4 but have't pulled the trigger yet.

Ebay has much better pricing than dealer price. FX, Ranch King, and Limited have paint to match surrounds so keep that in mind when you search. I haven't seen the surround sold separate from the complete grill though but you may be able to order just that part from your dealer. The grill surround and center piece are separate parts held together with tabs.

When you remove your old grill, there are a set of tabs on the top part that will likely break so that piece may not be reusable. There are instructional videos on youtube showing how to remove.

If you do this please post how it goes.
According to the youtube video I saw. Those tabs break & aren't needed in replacing the grill

But who trusts stage 3 anyways ;)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Got this piece ordered off ebay. Ordered the badge seperate. It was right under 200 bucks for both. Its a wire mesh its a really good quality piece. The mesh and grill can be seperated and you could paint it any color you want. My truck is black and it came gloss black so its fine for me.
I Went down to the HD and picked some extra small washers and screws to drill the badge in from the back. Should look really nice especially once I get the Full Race FMIC on the truck and you see it poking thru the grill.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Got this piece ordered off ebay. Ordered the badge seperate. It was right under 200 bucks for both. Its a wire mesh its a really good quality piece. The mesh and grill can be seperated and you could paint it any color you want. My truck is black and it came gloss black so its fine for me. I Went down to the HD and picked some extra small washers and screws to drill the badge in from the back. Should look really nice especially once I get the Full Race FMIC on the truck and you see it poking thru the grill. http://s234.photobucket.com/user/awdturbo428/media/1D77E399-87ED-4356-A0DA-F1CB9189AEF3.jpg.html
Looks good. Please post a pic after you install.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Got this piece ordered off ebay. Ordered the badge seperate. It was right under 200 bucks for both. Its a wire mesh its a really good quality piece. The mesh and grill can be seperated and you could paint it any color you want. My truck is black and it came gloss black so its fine for me.
I Went down to the HD and picked some extra small washers and screws to drill the badge in from the back. Should look really nice especially once I get the Full Race FMIC on the truck and you see it poking thru the grill.

I'm interested in seeing that grille installed if you still have the truck.

Nasty Wendy- Is yours finally installed? I'd like to sell my Limited grill for one of those but not looking to pay what they want!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I'm interested in seeing that grille installed if you still have the truck. Nasty Wendy- Is yours finally installed? I'd like to sell my Limited grill for one of those but not looking to pay what they want!
Check out AWDturbo4's build thread for installed pics.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I do like that Harley grille. I am sure it costs a pretty penny. I will probably buy a pint of Oxford White and paint my bumpers and grille myself this winter when I have some down time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts