F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after selling previous build I ended up jumping into a 2020 Ranger XLT 301A. You maybe wondering why I went smaller and it's because my previous truck before the F150 was a 2015 Tacoma access cab and absolutely loved it. It was by far my favorite truck I've owned. The size was right but the small backseat had some to desire. So I went double cab this time and it's been amazing. I can fit a car seat with still room for me in the driver's seat.

I'll be putting a wireless carplay module and wireless charging pad in hopefully this week and changing the bulbs out for some LED. I really want some alpharex Nova series and a Fox 2.0 lift with bigger tires and call it good. Not too many engine mods going in this one. I did tune it with the canned SCT tune and didn't like it as much so went back to stock for now.

Here's how she sits today

·
Registered
368 Posts
Congrats. Although, I am not a huge fan of the ranger, I love the brick and stone work on your house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats. Although, I am not a huge fan of the ranger, I love the brick and stone work on your house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you sir. The ranger is the best size for me and absolutely estatic with my decision. Maybe one day I'll move back to a F150.

Thanks! It was an upgrade our builder had on our model. Funny you should mention the house be wise I'm at a crossroads. It's crazy to see the price of homes in my area. I probably could sell my house right now for a substantial amount over what I paid. We don't want to leave the area and I literally mean everything is going way over asking. My neighbor just got $12k over asking!

With us being a straight shot to Tesla's new plant all the employees have been buying in our area. Fantastic for people jumping ship bad for my taxes 😩

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
1,035 Posts
Not a bad looking truck, what motor is in it? I wondered if they would do a 3.5 Ranger/Raptor type truck, but only saw some of them in overseas articles.

Housing market is stupid right now, plain silly. Imagine paying $400K for a $200K home and the market drops off...you are left with that payment and lost your tail...sigh.

Of course I have no dog in this fight, no house anymore...a decision I regret looking back.

But hey, again, nice ride!

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a bad looking truck, what motor is in it? I wondered if they would do a 3.5 Ranger/Raptor type truck, but only saw some of them in overseas articles.

Housing market is stupid right now, plain silly. Imagine paying $400K for a $200K home and the market drops off...you are left with that payment and lost your tail...sigh.

Of course I have no dog in this fight, no house anymore...a decision I regret looking back.

But hey, again, nice ride!
It has a 2.3l

I heard the new gen Ranger will get the raptor version and possibly a 2.7 or 3.0 Ecoboost. Would be pretty wild to see

·
Registered
365 Posts
Congrats on the new truck, great to see the next chapter in your automotive life. I have nothing against rangers for sure, compared to what they used to be they have been seriously beefed up. I would love to give one a try if my work (and quite frankly personal) life didn’t demand at least a half ton truck.

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats on the new truck, great to see the next chapter in your automotive life. I have nothing against rangers for sure, compared to what they used to be they have been seriously beefed up. I would love to give one a try if my work (and quite frankly personal) life didn’t demand at least a half ton truck.
Thank your sir. It's the perfect size for me and my cargo. Everyone needs to ride and experience a mid size pickup one time in their life

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
1,035 Posts
Man can completely relate to the "mid-life" aspect. Kids change everything...luckily all of mine are teenagers, two drive...the third and final will be driving soon enough...but they take after their father and are not "small" by any means. So a half-ton is where I am at.

Never owned a midsize Ford, had a few Nissan and Toyota rigs that were great...until the kids came along. Then it was the minivan life for a long time.

The cool thing is that I will probably pass this 15 to my youngest when he starts driving and build another. I have never owned a new vehicle in my life so I do not intend on violating a warranty anytime soon :LOL::LOL:

Sounds like Frank is trying to give you the hookup...better reach out to him!

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great looking truck. If you need anything for it feel free to reach out to me.

Frank
Thank Frank! Always appreciate what you guys do 👍 maybe one day I'll pull the trigger on some Fox 2.0's from you guys. I've been eyeing the Ford Performance brand of the 2.0's

Reactions: Stage3Motorsports

·
Registered
9,077 Posts
Thank you sir. The ranger is the best size for me and absolutely estatic with my decision. Maybe one day I'll move back to a F150.

Thanks! It was an upgrade our builder had on our model. Funny you should mention the house be wise I'm at a crossroads. It's crazy to see the price of homes in my area. I probably could sell my house right now for a substantial amount over what I paid. We don't want to leave the area and I literally mean everything is going way over asking. My neighbor just got $12k over asking!

With us being a straight shot to Tesla's new plant all the employees have been buying in our area. Fantastic for people jumping ship bad for my taxes 😩
I bought my house 5 years ago for $330k. They are telling me it is worth 650-720k right now. I am in the process of doing a refi and am thinking about doing a cash out even.

The problem is if you sell the house you still have to go buy something else that is equally as inflated if you want to live in the same general area.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought my house 5 years ago for $330k. They are telling me it is worth 650-720k right now. I am in the process of doing a refi and am thinking about doing a cash out even.

The problem is if you sell the house you still have to go buy something else that is equally as inflated if you want to live in the same general area.
I'm in the same boat as you. Bought for $230k four years ago and could realistically sell for about $400k but like you said, there's no where thats not inflated around here. Even moving into the Hill country is out of budget now.

·
Premium Member
5,828 Posts
I had lots and lots of fun in my 2002 Ranger Supercab 2wd one wheel peel Edge Plus. Both sides of the dash, both front doors, and all the space behind the 2 front seats was speakers and subwoofers and amps. Nice Pioneer headunit. I towed heavy with it also. Overload springs, WDH, and trailer brakes. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,828 Posts
Dang Ark, you from middle Tennessee? I see that sort of shenanigans every night at work!!!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I was born at home at the end of Goatneck Road. 59 years later and the gravel/dirt road is worse than ever ! I was raised in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Did you get a decent price for your f150? Do you know what state it went to and what new owner plans to do with it?

Does yoru ranger have egr? I would really like a like 2000s ranger with new 2.3 and 10 speed. The new ranger is the size of older f150s and new f150s are even bigger.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.