F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta say...first time going ecoboost...git the max towing with mirrors...just did 2 inch level lift and firestone 5000 airbags in the back...i tow a 20 ft enclosed with a racecar across country and cant wait to see how the 470 ft of torque tows this setup over the 5.0

Guys that tow...do i need a tune to optimize my towing experience...i mean.an extra 70 hp cant hurt...right

Thanks

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
5stars tow tunes sure are nice. They have the engine and trans dialed in pretty well for a nice towing experience. Ive tried tunes from 4 companies now and no one touches 5Star on the towing front.

·
Registered
238 Posts
5* tuning all the way with the nGuage! Rated at over 400hp. I towed my 24” enclosed maxed out on weight with my 3.5 from NY to CO. Towed it like a boss, with no shortage of HP and TQ in sight.

Ironically, my tune I’ve been running since October, 2018 took a crap on me today while driving home. I emailed Josh and he sent brand new updated tunes in two hours. For the half a day I drove my truck around on stock tune, the turbo was such a dog and lagged. Night and day difference with the 5* Tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Another for 5 Star, I towed with their perf/tow tunes with my past two EcoBoost trucks and works awesome but this 19 3.5 I've only towed with the adjustable octane tune and have been very impressed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Another vote for 5star here. I think you’ll be quite happy with the tugging power over the 5.0. I had one of those as well and was pleasantly surprised at the smooth power these ecos make. FWIW I tow in sport mode with it locked out of 9and 10th. Not a fan of the downhill gear holds that the tow mode does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I have the 5* as well. I will be loading the performance/tow tune Thursday for my upcoming RV tow and camping trip.

I am currently running the 5* dedicated 91 octane performance tune.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts