F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got hit with a hail storm on 4-3-14 at my house.. Truck was outside in driveway and we got hail up to 1 1/2" in diameter.. :mad:
Dinged up the hood and cab top pretty good.. I have had hail damage fixed before on other trucks with the paintless dent repair..
They just popped out the dents.. Can they do this on our hoods made of Alumnium ??

IMG_0118.jpg IMG_0109.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Got dog that's the biggest hail I ever seen! Where was you? In space? Damn that's some big hail right there....

MPT tuned....Kings of the Street!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Not sure on the hood, I would guess a day or two and some of the opeprations that travel around doing paintless dents will be there set up in parking lots and such. Best would be to just go ask them even if you aren't going to use them, see what the consensus is. From the little bit I have been looking I think they can.

That's pretty good sized, we get that at least somewhere in our state once a year and sadly we are overdue for it, midwest thunderstorms are crazy. The biggest I have seen is just over baseball sized, I have heard of softball sized here. Just puches holes through everything, just freakin crazy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was suprised it did not break any windows.. I just knew my sun roof glass would be all busted up.. But, it held up.. My homeowners insurance adjuster came out
and inspected the roof.. Allstate is going to replace the shingles as they were beat up so bad..

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
As someone who has delt with roof replacements, piantless dent, etc.

Check into tire insurance or how your insurance company covers flat tires. Lots of crews will haul shingles to the dump and forget to cover loads etc. Nails everywhere. Our town is about 50k and a few times I have seen half the town get hailed out, thats a lot of shingles getting moved. Nails everywhere.

·
Registered
869 Posts
That happened to a Mazda I had. They were able to pop out the dents in the roof and side panels, but the aluminum hood and trunk lids had to be replaced.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had a storm last year and they just replaced my hood.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well if they have to replace the hood then so be it.. Insurance is paying for it either way it goes.. I was just curious if anyone had dents popped out of an aluminum hood
yet.. I am waiting until spring storms are done before getting repairs started.. Maybe June things will have calmed down enough..

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Well if they have to replace the hood then so be it.. Insurance is paying for it either way it goes.. I was just curious if anyone had dents popped out of an aluminum hood
yet.. I am waiting until spring storms are done before getting repairs started.. Maybe June things will have calmed down enough..

Allstate replaced our roof, decks, shed, the kid's fort roof, etc . . . from a storm a year ago. Luckily, the truck and car were tucked in the garage at the time. (Assuming our policies are similar?) If I can give two suggestions: 1. Make sure your contractor itemizes the list of repairs AND that list matches what Allstate sends you. 2. Make sure you don't go over the time limit for repairs to be completed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If they do replace any parts (hood, etc) make sure it is OEM! They (insurance company) will always try and throw aftermarket parts on 1st (cheaper) and hope the customer doesn't either notice or care. I had a Mazda3 repaired last summer and Gieco tried to put all aftermarket parts on it...even used parts! Since I'm OCD with my cars/trucks I noticed before I even left the body shop that things weren't fitting right. Long story short, they had to replace every part with OEM....I wasn't accepting anything less.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If they do replace any parts (hood, etc) make sure it is OEM! They (insurance company) will always try and throw aftermarket parts on 1st (cheaper) and hope the customer doesn't either notice or care. I had a Mazda3 repaired last summer and Gieco tried to put all aftermarket parts on it...even used parts! Since I'm OCD with my cars/trucks I noticed before I even left the body shop that things weren't fitting right. Long story short, they had to replace every part with OEM....I wasn't accepting anything less.
Amen to that Brother !! I will make it VERY clear if any parts are replaced they need to be OEM !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts