F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting ready to install a set of Spyder headlights with CCFL Halo's.

I'd like to run the Halo's as DRL. As you know, there's no live circuit on the stock headlight assembly during normal daytime operation.

Where have you guys picked up a switched (when ignition is on) 12v source to power DRL?

Thanks.

J.D.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
You know when you are running from the police at night those things are going to give you away unless you put a switch on them which would allow you to grab the ign.+12 from inside the cab since you'd be wiring a switch there anyways. Jus sayin'.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm actually not planning on wiring a switch in the cab at all for the new headlight setup. Just setting them up like standard DRL, on all the time......

·
Registered
519 Posts
Well one of the relay/fuse boxes is right front and center on the radiator support. Surely you could tap into a circuit here to gain a key on, turn on lead. Actual power might be another thing as there would be uncertainty how many amps the halos would draw and potentially negative effects. This might take some research. The safe bet would be to pull straight from the battery or power terminal with an inline fuse using this as the power source.

I performed a similar effort on my Silverado and programming the body control module to turn on and power a set of OEM fog lamps with OEM switch. No aftermarket or additional wiring added in the cab. I don't know squat about the electronics on the F150....... yet. :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wait a minute..........excuse my ignorance but don't all the 2013 F150's already come with HID lights? I know the Spyder's look nice but if you already have HID's why change?? Correct me if I am wrong on this!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Wait a minute..........excuse my ignorance but don't all the 2013 F150's already come with HID lights? I know the Spyder's look nice but if you already have HID's why change?? Correct me if I am wrong on this!
No not all of them come with hids.. They started that in 2013s.. But i think just the limited, lariat, and fx4

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yea, they started that with the 2013s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts