F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Googled it, searched the forum. What's the single best catch can company for the 3.5? (Guessing I don't need the race catch can)

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
FR P'n'p. Hd b cc

·
Registered
89 Posts
UPR catch can

·
Registered
369 Posts
UPR vote here.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
no catch can is the best catch can

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm waiting on UPR to send me a replacement Clean Side Separator (came with my UPR Mega Catch Can)... Only had mine for 4 weeks and the dang thing came apart! The stem sep'd from the head, the tubing was the only thing keeping it in the engine bay... Jason at Stage3 is nice enough to speak to them regarding the issue. I'll be sending my CSS back to them as soon as the replacement arrives.

Other than that, the Mega Catch Can seems very sturdy & well made. Let's hope this is just a hiccup that will be remedied quickly.

EDIT: UPR sent me a new CSS today, hopefully the last one falling apart was just a fluke.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I did the UPR one on my '15 along with a writeup of how to in the UPR section of the forum. Seems like a nice piece and from my many years of driving turbo vehicles, it should do the job just fine.

·
Vendor
79 Posts
defiantly UPR hands down been a dealer for them since September or so, the 15-16 kit is just the best setup for all 11-16 f150 requires one pipe to be drilled
robert

·
Registered
2,793 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Had the early UPR dual can setup and the driver's side can clogged and wouldn't drain. UPR themselves told me that was "the clean side of the motor" and I should expect less volume...discovered later said driver's can was full! Installed the RX can last month and it appears to be working perfectly and catching more than both UPRs. Despite the drama associated with some of the RX posts, it's hard to argue with their analysis of boost/no boost conditions WRT catch can operation IMO.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Happy with my Rx monster can with CSS. Only had it clog when I didn't drain it all summer. Easy enough to fix, just shove something small up the hole to open the clog. I assume this could happen with any can.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
I have an earlier Rx Monster Can with a breather setup (I do have the CSS, but I like the breather setup much better ... no modification or drilling). I also did the 'no drill' method where the boost side is piped to the stock driver's turbo side connection only (and not drilled into passenger side turbo).

Works great.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts