F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 F150 3.5L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have loaded tunes to my motorcycles with an APP on an Android phone. Has anyone used there phone to upload any tunes (i.e. 5*) instead of buying the SCT?

·
Administrator
11,043 Posts
I've never seen it done. SCT used to have a device that you could use with your phone, but it was problematic and eventually pulled. I think it was called the ITSX.

I take that back. It is still available.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tuned my 2016 with the iTSX using a tune from five star. Seems to handle everything except for updating tire size. Pretty straightforward process.

·
Banned
16 Posts
JB4 uses phone , burgertuning , it’s a piggyback tune, had them on all my bmws combined with some basic bolts oninjad a mod 11 sec 1/4 car and 40 mpgs lol

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
No, but have looked at EZ LYNK which send display info to Android or IOS. I like the idea of a larger tablet display, but it is restricted in what tuning it can use. Seems only capable of installing and running caned tunes nothing custom. KM

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
No, but have looked at EZ LYNK which send display info to Android or IOS. I like the idea of a larger tablet display, but it is restricted in what tuning it can use. Seems only capable of installing and running caned tunes nothing custom. KM
Not true, can run custom tuning. i am doing it right now through calibrated tuning. Its simple, easy and lighting fast to load the tunes. Can data log, send to your tuner, they can review in real time and send you the calibration in minutes

video

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I have loaded tunes to my motorcycles with an APP on an Android phone. Has anyone used there phone to upload any tunes (i.e. 5*) instead of buying the SCT?
Look at my reply ^ send me a message if you have any questions

·
Registered
2011 F150 3.5L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@TOWMA8R that's cool and all.. but that's a ton of money, the EZ LYNK is 3x as much as getting a SCT tuner. I was looking for cheapest option. Like using an app to load a canned tune. I can do it with my motorcycles so I figured I could do it with my truck.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
@TOWMA8R that's cool and all.. but that's a ton of money, the EZ LYNK is 3x as much as getting a SCT tuner. I was looking for cheapest option. Like using an app to load a canned tune. I can do it with my motorcycles so I figured I could do it with my truck.
Many options, just look for what is right for and checks all your boxes.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts