F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would there be any advantages on swapping out the stock touchscreen nav head unit?
I have the sony upgrade sound system.
Just curious if the sound would be louder/ better with an aftermarket head unit

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2011. I have buttons for them. Not sure if they changed that with the newer ones. But I would have an issue changing my climate settings. Damn. I guess this option is out

2011 lariat crew 5.5 bed
Leveled, machined rockstars , grabbers, weather tech mudflaps , sub mod, tailgate assist

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a 2011. I have buttons for them. Not sure if they changed that with the newer ones. But I would have an issue changing my climate settings. Damn. I guess this option is out

2011 lariat crew 5.5 bed
Leveled, machined rockstars , grabbers, weather tech mudflaps , sub mod, tailgate assist
My 2013 Lariat has no buttons for the seat heaters and coolers. They are incorporated into the Nav - My Touch screen. It will be difficult to do an aftermarket head unit in a truck like mine.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah mine has 4 buttons. 2 for each seat hot and cold. But the only climate control buttons I have are for fan speed. Temp and defrost. So I wouldn't be able to switch from defrost without the factory touchscreen.
I just wanted to see if I could make so the speakers dont dim when there is a bass hit

2011 lariat crew 5.5 bed

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
My 2013 Lariat has no buttons for the seat heaters and coolers. They are incorporated into the Nav - My Touch screen. It will be difficult to do an aftermarket head unit in a truck like mine.
Same, that is why I was asking if he had the MyFordTouch...which I think if you have the Nav screen then you have the MFT. Also, wonder how the USB ports in the center console would be incorporated with and aftermarket screen.

I'm leaving mine the way it is, I like the way it is setup after getting used to it.

Funny thing I found the other day though...hit the talk button on your steering wheel and say "I'm Hungry." You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx guys. I'll try I'm hungry

2011 lariat crew 5.5 bed

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Can't you just hook up an amp to the speakers and retain factory head unit? And if your lights dim then there is something wrong with your truck. No way the lights should be dimming on a factory system especially one as weak as the ones that come in these trucks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Same, that is why I was asking if he had the MyFordTouch...which I think if you have the Nav screen then you have the MFT. Also, wonder how the USB ports in the center console would be incorporated with and aftermarket screen.

I'm leaving mine the way it is, I like the way it is setup after getting used to it.

Funny thing I found the other day though...hit the talk button on your steering wheel and say "I'm Hungry." You will not be disappointed.
I will give that a try. I like arguing with that old biddy anyway.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can't you just hook up an amp to the speakers and retain factory head unit? And if your lights dim then there is something wrong with your truck. No way the lights should be dimming on a factory system especially one as weak as the ones that come in these trucks.
No the sound dims. Lol

Yeah I could hook up an amp but I thought the head unit would be easier

2011 lariat crew 5.5 bed

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yhea that's normal for any of for'd newer head unit's, it's called bass rolloff.
You need an audiocontrol lcq1, an interior amp and new speakers to make that stop.
You can still keep the factory head unit and have a loud system that way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts