F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool: I had a 2 inch level kit installed on my 2013 Eco and I just realized after some night driving that my headlights are way out of adjustment. I wonder if you can aim them yourself or does one need to go to the dealership???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Now you have me thinking about my headlights just had a 2.5 leveling kit installed Friday. I have not taken truck out at night yet. How far are they off never considered headlights being affected but now that I think about it makes sense
How

·
Registered
537 Posts
The instructions on how to do so are in your owners manual. I have the HID and all it took was a #2 Phillips Screwdriver and a few turns each side. Back your truck off of a flat walled surface about 20 to 24 feet and use a piece of electrical tape to mark the current point of aim. Then lower it approx. 2" on each side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was at the ford dealership for an oil change and the service guy said they would charge for 1 hour's labor to aim the headlights. I will look in the manual and do it myself!! Thank's for the info.:D

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I just make everyone else mad and have not aimed my headlights. I probably blind everyone at night...

·
Registered
537 Posts
When you consider how crazy people have become in an aggressive manner over stupid stuff, it just may be a whole lot smarter to grab a #2 screwdriver and take care of the headlight aim issue.

Not to mention, Texas ain't that big of a state and I would sure appreciate your doing so, just in case you end up in my rearview mirror some day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
jonrjen
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing