F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , to the guys with lifted / leveled trucks , were you able to lower the factory headlight from the calibration screw ?
Mine is factory LED and it is very bright , after the 2.5 level kit I went to ford dealer ship and the technician insists that mine already in the max lower position yet I can see it is annoying every car in front of me !
Tell me what did you do .

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Find yourself a brick wall and adjust them yourself?

This is what I do. Park about 30 feet from the wall (level ground) and adjust accordingly.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
260 Posts
I adjusted my own as zukgod1 mentions, manual describes the process. Due to the brightness of the new LED's I even went lower than described.If the adjustment does bottom out you may need to shim the housing some. KM

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys , what I’m saying that the headlight itself has something wrong , it is already in the least lower position and still very annoying to the other drivers

·
Registered
260 Posts
"you may need to shim the housing some."

by saying this I meant remove the housing and try to shim or tilt it down, giving you back some adjustment range. My LED bulb install had plenty of adjustment even with a 2 inch front level. I also wonder if the adjustment is just slipping, it's not a tight engagement. KM

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"you may need to shim the housing some."

by saying this I meant remove the housing and try to shim or tilt it down, giving you back some adjustment range. My LED bulb install had plenty of adjustment even with a 2 inch front level. I also wonder if the adjustment is just slipping, it's not a tight engagement. KM
Thank you . That actually makes sense ( it is slipping ) as it is in same position of the stock and saw another ford lifted cars easily lowing theirs .
Mine keeps ticking once you try to lower it as if it reached the max .
The car still under the plumber to bumper warfare the so I will not shim or try to tilt it down . I’m going to ask them to change the headlights under the warranty .

Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,665 Posts
Epic is what I'm going with.

But I've been accused of writing plenty of unintelligible gibberish. So there's that. At least we know what he meant.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
260 Posts
Might be a twisted mind (mine) but I understand "under the plumber to bumper warfare" as stated and I think intended! But "the so I" should be "then so I"
Anyway I like the wording! KM

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just noticed now ! Plumber to bumper ! This sentence got more comments than the topic itself !

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
This might be dumb but are you using the right size Philips screwdriver? Even though I know the dealership looked at it. And they should know better. On my 2013 it called for a certain size screwdriver. The screwdriver doesn’t actually fit in a Philips slot. Hard to explain.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hell I didn't use a screwdriver. When I first looked at the adjuster I grabbed a box wrench,

One other thing I noticed was how sloppy the adjuster was taking several partial turns to begin adjusting feels like it slips the gear. KM

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This might be dumb but are you using the right size Philips screwdriver? Even though I know the dealership looked at it. And they should know better. On my 2013 it called for a certain size screwdriver. The screwdriver doesn’t actually fit in a Philips slot. Hard to explain.
I got what you mean , let me give it one more try myself

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hell I didn't use a screwdriver. When I first looked at the adjuster I grabbed a box wrench,
View attachment 165149 View attachment 165150

One other thing I noticed was how sloppy the adjuster was taking several partial turns to begin adjusting feels like it slips the gear. KM
Right , will open the hood and try it myself instead of the dealer ship ! The guys have no clue about anything ! Not able to fit a tpms after the wheel change , not even able to tell me how many pins in my side mirror in case I want to replace it with tow mirror .
Even ford system is useless , the guy opened the system with my Vin and all what it said ( chrome mirrors with blis !! )

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2018 F150, I had it leveled only, and yes I did and was able to reaim my headlights on a wall in my shop with just the adjusting screws.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts