F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. I am new to this forum so I thought I would ask a question to see if anyone has an answer. I have a 2012 supercrew with the 3.5 eb motor. (love it) My problem is with the headlights not being very bright. I switched to a brighter bulb and still not getting the light I think I should get. I then went to my local truck accessorie place and had them put a 55w HID kit in the stock bezels. Now I got the light I want but the high beam and the low beam are shing in the same place. I would like for the lights to be as bright and get the distance out in frount of me like my wifes 2007 Camery. Do I need to switch to projection aftermarket lights or what ? Any help will greatly appreciated.

·
Vendor
1,040 Posts
I think all of us that do not have the 2013+ projector lights from ford feel you pain. Ive come close to doing the HID Kit thing, but I have had issues with them in the past. I think you are pretty much going to have to get an aftermarket light (or the stock 2013 Lights, but i think those are 900.00 per side!). We sell alot of the Anzo U Shape Headlights and the Recon Projectors. Both are rather pricey, there is always the "Ebay" headlight option, but I think over time those cheaper lights are not worth the headaches. My 2 cents...

·
Registered
868 Posts
i agree the cheap lights do not have a good lense and will yellow out and be dull over a couple yrs of sun exposure and then your either polishing them every month or buying again

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have a 2013 with the factory HID's and to tell the truth I am not as impressed as I thought I would be. My 2009 lights with standard bulbs were just as good. I drive a lot of back country roads with no extra light except the moon, I'm already thinking of a light bar & extra lights for those drives.

·
Vendor
87 Posts
Been down that road, hahaha. Heres my 04 FX4 story = Stock halogens -> HID in stock reflectors -> Recons...(lol) -> Recons w/HID... (lol again) back to HID in stock reflector -> Built my first set of Bi-Xenon HID retrofits = WIN. Don't worry my friend there is a solution... Ill sum it up with a few pics... first pic halogen stock headlights OEM reflectors, HID bulbs Bi-Xenon HID Projector Retrofits

1 - 6 of 6 Posts