F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all think of heart throb 4" exhaust, is it annoying when cruising down the highway? What do you recommend that isn't to loud? Will it void my factory warranty?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Cat back exhaust will not void warranty, IMO I would go with a corsa dB 3" exhaust it sounds much better then my buddies there is an after market exhaust data base on here feel free to look it up :)

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
If you want a quiet exhaust that is deeper than stock I would go for the FR exhaust. I have one and I love it

Family First

Reactions: EcoBoostDave

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
why would you want a quiet exhaust? Stock is quiet.

Family 1st

& people have said it's a straight they design. Stacy must have been wrong?

Also talking to my gear head buddy @ work. There's a reason for the funnel from the res to muff. Turbos need that back pressure. But I still think DPs are a MUST

·
Registered
902 Posts

Family 1st

Also talking to my gear head buddy @ work. There's a reason for the funnel from the res to muff. Turbos need that back pressure. But I still think DPs are a MUST
Then get the FullRace resonator delete catback. I love mine. The best looking and sounding catback made for the Ecos.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the 4" heart throb installed on my truck. We took a 400 mile trip this weekend with driving on the back roads to the highway and I have a little over a 1000 miles on it. I like the sound of the system. I will say occasionally under partial throttle she will get a little loud. But you a sound board and see what you like.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I have a 4" Flo-Pro with their 4" resonator and a 5" MBRP tip. It's not too bad for drone but is pretty loud.

Sounds sweet during start up and under load. Lots of turbo noise through the exhaust.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey has anyone felt a loss in low end TQ going with a 4" exhaust? I have a 2014 ecoboost and I had a LET tune ( 91 octane) before I put on the AFe 4" exhaust and it feels like I lost some low down TQ. I have a revision for 93 octane waiting for me so maybe that will bring back that low end TQ lose I feel. Have to get home from working out of town to install the revision.

Thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ok well then I guess this 4" AFe exhaust I have is useless. I have a stock 2013 5.0 exhaust from my old truck laying in the garage. Will that bolt right up to the ecoboost? Maybe ill just get a corsa db muffler and call it good.

Ill also wait and see what my tune revision does for the loss in low end TQ.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
word on the streets is that 4" has a nicer deeper tone & loses some low end torque while gaining high end passing power.

Family 1st

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any one have any issue with the heart throb exhaust and bigger tires making contact, Im in a bad spot because no one bends 4'.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts

Family 1st

Ummmm....what happened lol...don't need the back pressure eh?

·
Registered
15 Posts
OK ckjaecks thanks a lot, thats good news hopefully mine can just be adjusted and tweaked into place, I have 315-70-17 which I believe is about the a 35-12.5. Im heading to my buddies shop end f the week to put it in the air and hopefully get it all dialed in. Thanks buddy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts