F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I recently drilled the wheep hole and then programmed my 2013 f150 EB with the SCT X4 (regular 87 octane tune) and it has been running great for about 2 weeks (Not sure if this has anything to do with this issue). Yesterday I drove about an hour away and on my commute back I noticed the truck was not getting warm with the temp on 74. I also noticed my compressor was very loud and was running very loud since I started my engine. I turned the temp up and noticed when I would accelerate the heater would work but when I would let off the gas pedal cold air would come back through the vents. it has done this the past day since I noticed. Not sure why this is happening any thought?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Was it stumbling when there was high moisture? Just wondering why the weep hole now and on a 13. The 11-12 seemed to be the ones with issues.
What's your temp gauge on the cluster sitting at? This seems like a bad thermostat based on what you're saying.
When you say the compressor was loud, you mean the AC compressor??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
13's too. 14's not so often.
Yes, there was obvious loss of power and stumbling in the truck so I decided to try the wheep hole solution and it worked great. I bought the truck used last year with 50k miles and I’ve put 30k on the truck I’m pretty sure around 70-75k is when it started to stumble.

·
Registered
2013 Screw XTR BCB Tuned
862 Posts
Was it stumbling when there was high moisture? Just wondering why the weep hole now and on a 13. The 11-12 seemed to be the ones with issues.
What's your temp gauge on the cluster sitting at? This seems like a bad thermostat based on what you're saying.
I drilled on my 13. It was worth it considering the sludge that came out. And again when my turbo broke and was chugging oil into the system, probably saved the engine. I'd still advocate the hole on this year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live and work in south Louisiana and Texas so high moisture was definitely an issue there was a lot of sludge build up when I drilled the wheep hole. Yes it’s the AC compressor it will turn on the moment I start my truck and accelerate. I had the heater on 74 but once I noticed I turned it up to high but could not get heat unless I was accelerating on the high way. Coasting or idling blows cold

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live and work in south Louisiana and Texas so high moisture was definitely an issue there was a lot of sludge build up when I drilled the wheep hole. Yes it’s the AC compressor it will turn on the moment I start my truck and accelerate. I had the heater on 74 but once I noticed I turned it up to high but could not get heat unless I was accelerating on the high way. Coasting or idling blows cold
The heater problem sounds like a low coolant issue. If coolant is low and system has steam the gauge will be incorrect and you will have heat only on higher rpms.

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
The heater problem sounds like a low coolant issue. If coolant is low and system has steam the gauge will be incorrect and you will have heat only on higher rpms.
Welcome aboard.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts