F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like they got tired of waiting for Ford to release a 5.0 Ecoboost

From their website https://www.hellionpowersystems.com/product/hellion-2015-ford-f-150-5-0l-twin-turbo-system/

Hellion introduces the first twin turbo V8 option for the Coyote powered F-150. This system is essentially the big brother to the already popular Ecoboost. Utilizing Borg Warner IndyCar inspired turbos, these bad boys give the F-150 the power and torque it deserves. This truck makes over 650hp at the engine and over 550ft.lbs of torque to the tires!
Equipped with:

• Twin Borg Warner 57mm EFR 7163 turbos
  • High flow 4.5″ intercooler
  • All stainless tubing with v-band connections
  • OEM fit and finish

·
Registered
264 Posts
At $9k it seems like a supercharger kit would get you close and be much easier to install.

·
Registered
601 Posts

This kit was basically what Stephanie installed on her car. A crap ton of low end torque and thanks to the coyote heads alot of tope end.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I would love to drive one! I bet that's a nasty B.

·
Premium Member
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I paid right at $6800 for the whipple. (install in the garage myself)

"They" say the turbo kits dont have the oil pump gear issues like the Blowers.

I'm not an expert, just along for the ride.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Wow, impressive gains. Gotta ditch that spoiler. It goes from American Muscle to Rice Rocket really fast.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
They must have left a lot on the table. 650 crank with 2x 7163’s on a 5.0 seem like nothing.

·
Vendor
1,481 Posts
yet with nowhere near the potential
Eh, maybe. Really depends on how much is actually there with those turbos and how the exhaust is setup post-turbo.

You can pulley-down a Whipple all day until you blow your motor, especially when you throw long tubes into the mix.

·
Registered
534 Posts

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
534 Posts
Well dam I was thinking it would post a thumbnail not a link...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Mmm Wipple and Long Tubes on a 5.0 with a nice X-pipe and true duals...
Well my pants are tight.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Anyone actually seen one of these on a 2018? I am dying to know what the torque curve looks like. People here at trying to spool 7163's on 3.5L, I bet it works much better with 5.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Given a choice for a purely street driven truck on pump gas, I'd take a single supercharger over dual turbos on a 5.0 every time. Much less complicated, less heat, more experienced companies out there, and for the MSRP on my 2018 F150 XLT FX4, I could've had one of these:

https://www.pioneerfordofbremen.com/f-150-lightning-tribute.html

·
Registered
724 Posts
Given a choice for a purely street driven truck on pump gas, I'd take a single supercharger over dual turbos on a 5.0 every time. Much less complicated, less heat, more experienced companies out there, and for the MSRP on my 2018 F150 XLT FX4, I could've had one of these:

https://www.pioneerfordofbremen.com/f-150-lightning-tribute.html
Eh. It's a basic XL truck (rather than going to something higher-end and replacing the chrome). Stock brakes. Basic lowering kit. Wheels look awkward. Rates a solid *meh* from me. Plenty of people on here have built far more impressive vehicles.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts