F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading this site for over 6 months and finally made a decision and purchased a new FX4 Ecoboost 3 weeks ago.Like the truck so far but planning on towing for the first time this weekend hoping i wont be disappointed . I have 925 miles as of today so should be over the 1000 mile break end by Friday.Traded a 2004 Tundra for the f150 if this truck is half as good as the last 2 Toyota's i have had i will be happy just wanted a little more towing capacity.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum!

You won't be disappointed with your truck towing. Lots of us here tow and could not be happier!

SPPD

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
589 Posts
For sure going to be happy with the new tow monster!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you have the tow mirrors? Just bought a FX4 myself but it is coming with the power mirrors so I am not sure that they will stick out far enough to see the end of the trailer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have the tow mirrors? Just bought a FX4 myself but it is coming with the power mirrors so I am not sure that they will stick out far enough to see the end of the trailer.
No i do not have the tow mirror i was going to get the Max tow package but could not see a FX4 with the tow mirrors other than in a picture and just didnt think i could handle the looks.I thought i would just get some of the extended mirror that clamp to the regular mirror when towing my camper.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pretty much the same situation as you. I have a 2011 Toyota Tacoma which I really like but plan on doing a lot of towing and felt I was pushing the envelope with the Taco pulling a 6000lbs. trailer. Have not taken delivery yet of the FX4. I agree that the towing mirrors do not look great but found it kind of odd that Ford built a towing vehicle without towing mirrors. Planning on using after market clip ons.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy the FX4. I love mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
akmedic77
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing