F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good to see a forum dedicated to our trucks. I traded in a 2002 Ford Lightning on my 2013 F150 ecoSCREW. Before I paid my first trucknote I'd totaled the truck. I am diabetic and my blood sugar dropped while I was driving my new truck. I veered off of the road and down a slight embankment and THROUGH a large telephone pole before the truck came to a rest. The power lines that the pole supported came down on top of the truck and caused something like a fireworks show to occur. There was a policeman tailing me, he'd been called and alerted of a white truck swerving recklessly. The policeman said he wasn't sure what to expect when he approached the truck because he'd been behind me with his lights on signaling me to pull over. He waited until the 'fireworks' stopped and approached my truck. He said that to his surprise I stepped out of the truck and started walking towards the low hanging powerlines. He grabbed me and cuffed me and sat me on the side of the road where we awaited paramedics. I do not remember any of that but the policeman's camera was recording everything that happened and it happened just as he said. I came to my senses after the paramedic administered a sugar solution via an IV drip. One look at my BRAND NEW truck and I thanked God that I had gotten it. It was clear as day that if I were still driving my Lightning I would not have made it. That truck protected me from what I believe would have been certain death in a lesser vehicle. I was nearly unscratched. The only injury I suffered was a mild scratch on my forehead. The paramedic and policeman both said repeatedly that "today was just not your day to go". I was so impressed with that truck that I replaced it with an identical match. I also now check my blood sugar level before starting my vehicle no matter how high/low I 'think' it may be. So that is why I now have and love my 2013 F150 SuperCrew w/ecoboost. Before that incident I used to tell people how much I missed my Lightning when I was asked about my truck but now I simply say that it does and has done more for me than any other vehicle I've ever owned. That's my story/intro and I am glad to be here.:)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Glad you walked away from that one. Sounds like the EcoBeast can take a pretty good crash and protect the occupants. I hope I never have to find out, but it is reassuring to hear your story.

SPPD

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
One of the reasons I buy Fords. They have good R&D when it comes to crash testing. They have also had some ownership in Volvo, Land Rover and Jaguar. I'm sure they borrowed some technology from the safety departments. Four and five stars from the NHSTA is something good to have.

Glad all is well! You weren't one of those who said "Awe, my truck! Never buying another Ford" understanding that you walked away because the vehicle did what it was supposed to do and compromised itself to save you.

Welcome, by the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again. Yes I was impressed at how the truck 'absorbed' the blow to the point that I didn't even suffer any soreness in the days afterward. It literally cradled me. The policeman and paramedic were amazed that I was OK. I think they'll be Ford customers as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome! That must have been one hell of a ride!
Do you have any pictures of your wrecked truck so we can see the carnage it went thru?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great story and great to hear you got a new truck as well.
Cheers

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great story. Glad you made it out ok. I've rescued a friend of mine I served with Iraq from a similar situation from his excursion. Ford makes extremely well built vehicles. Where any other vehicles would have failed your Ford kept you safe.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Welcome and glad you're okay. We are definitely an up and coming forum dedicated to the love of these awesome trucks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
15 Participants
Raiderfan1890
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing