F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! My name is Brian and I'm from the suburbs of Milwaukee, WI. I'm 22 and an IT Administrator for a plastic manufacturing company. I am currently driving a lightly modified 2006 Mazda6 V6 with manual trans that I bought brand new in 2007.

I'm currently looking at a '11 Eco S-Crew with Offroad Package (no FX4), 3.73 gears, Max Tow. Does anyone have anything that I should look out for? I know there is a recall (or TSB?) for the CAC system, is there a way to "know" if it had the recall taken care of? This particular truck has 17k on it so it's still under warranty.

This the specific truck here: http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/d...rdlincolnkia&car_id=358651819&dealer_id=70654

What does everyone think regarding price?

Thank you,

-Brian

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Hello everyone! My name is Brian and I'm from the suburbs of Milwaukee, WI. I'm 22 and an IT Administrator for a plastic manufacturing company. I am currently driving a lightly modified 2006 Mazda6 V6 with manual trans that I bought brand new in 2007.

I'm currently looking at a '11 Eco S-Crew with Offroad Package (no FX4), 3.73 gears, Max Tow. Does anyone have anything that I should look out for? I know there is a recall (or TSB?) for the CAC system, is there a way to "know" if it had the recall taken care of? This particular truck has 17k on it so it's still under warranty.

This the specific truck here: 2011 Ford F150 $28,991 - Dick Brantmeier Ford Lincoln Kia - Sheboygan, WI 53082 Dealer

What does everyone think regarding price?

Thank you,

-Brian
Welcome to the F150 EcoBoost Forum!

It looks like it is a Ford dealer selling the truck, so they can look it up to see if the CAC fix was done. That price is a little high, but I assume you will do a little haggling to get it down. That truck looks very well equipped, and if you do any towing you will be in good shape with the MaxTow package.

You may be able to get into a new 13 for around that price if you shop around with all the year end clearance deals being offered on 13s.

Regards,

SPPD

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
This one has - tow mirrors. Back up sensor. Sliding rear window. Comes with tonneau cover & it's a short box.
Mine has the side steps into the box(meaning it's a regular box size) & the stripper pole.
Mine is silver also so that's awesome. I paid 38 Canadian last august when our dealership sold 70 boosts in 3 months. Became an epidemic around here. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386655304.123615.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386655409.808637.jpg So with the exchange rate & this one having 17K miles & mine having 30 kilos. I dunno. Only 10 grand off in 2 years. I mean the 2015s are coming out.

Aren't they

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Look around, haggle as much as you can. I can't really give you great advice on the price as used truck prices are ridiculous in AK.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys. Yes, that price is high. Their own website says it's $1,200 above KBB so I figure it's a starting point. I'm not sure where you're seeing '13's for "around that price." Around here similarly equipped trucks are $40-45k. Non-FX4 but with the Offroad Package are hard as hell to find on top of that. I don't need a long box nor the "stripper pole." Also, 2014s aren't hitting lots here, let alone 15's. Remainder of the 3/36k warranty is a big plus too.

Sent while enjoying a Pabst

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went to test drive. Great truck, unfortunately no haggle pricing, but priced below market value. Couldn't bring my trade in since we had snow. Going to stock out the car, return to the dealer this week and go from there.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Price seems high. I've seen '13s with these options at $33k after rebates. A co-worker just bought a 5.0 4x4 XLT with these options for $31.5 after rebates.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So..I bought the truck for a power price on Thursday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts