F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone my name is Bryan and I was directed here by a friend, I signed up to help learn more of my trucks capabilities and to assure that I tow in a safe manor. Anyways looking forward to journey here

Bryan

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Welcome Bryan

What makes your friend think we tow in a safe manner?

We ARE the notorious Ecoboost Towing Outlaws!

Causing ire and angst on every RV forum in the ether-world.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Welcome fellow booster

Post pics of what you tow. As stated, we are the outlaws cause the normal guys at the rv parks with the diesels are not educated about our Lil ole might v6

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
I've been grilled over my tiny engine in the travel trailer Facebook page all morning. Lol

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
I'm convinced you are reveling in it.

But you are supposed to be on a cruise ship ignoring the world

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
BG......It's really a sad day when said "ACCUSATIONS"?-lol, of towing irresponsibility are being floated out there on this forum by anonymous OP's
Hey....Welcome!>you've come to the right place.
All the info you'll ever need on the towing thread.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome fellow booster

Post pics of what you tow. As stated, we are the outlaws cause the normal guys at the rv parks with the diesels are not educated about our Lil ole might v6

View attachment 164968
Do you guys remember when the 3.5 first came to the f150? There were tons of inaccurate statements: the turbo would coke, it requires premium, oil flush every 30k, turbo engines don't last, head gaskets are going to be common replacements, etc.?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just have a little fishing boat right now we’re looking at travel trailers I’m looking at a 30ft wildwood 28Dbud Sunday a neighbor is selling the gross is 8000 dry weight is 6800 I really want a 5th wheel but I need to get the wife acquainted to the lifestyle first by the way the truck is a 19 3.5 max tow screw

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
I just have a little fishing boat right now we’re looking at travel trailers I’m looking at a 30ft wildwood 28Dbud Sunday a neighbor is selling the gross is 8000 dry weight is 6800 I really want a 5th wheel but I need to get the wife acquainted to the lifestyle first by the way the truck is a 19 3.5 max tow screw
In all seriousness, just check the yellow sticker on the driver's door jamb for your specific truck's cargo capacity. (don't worry about towing capacity because the Ecoboost runs out of cargo capacity before that ECOBOOST motor runs out of pulling capacity)

So, with that cargo capacity number, subtract the REAL tongue weight of your neighbors trailer and what's left is for passengers and cargo you throw in the truck.

Since you mentioned 8000lbs, you will be taxing some of the oem stuff on your truck likely. Shocks and tires, for example.

And then last but not least..... WDH setup is the REAL magic of getting a good towing experience. But that's another post. Lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In all seriousness, just check the yellow sticker on the driver's door jamb for your specific truck's cargo capacity. (don't worry about towing capacity because the Ecoboost runs out of cargo capacity before that ECOBOOST motor runs out of pulling capacity)

So, with that cargo capacity number, subtract the REAL tongue weight of your neighbors trailer and what's left is for passengers and cargo you throw in the truck.

Since you mentioned 8000lbs, you will be taxing some of the oem stuff on your truck likely. Shocks and tires, for example.

And then last but not least..... WDH setup is the REAL magic of getting a good towing experience. But that's another post. Lol

Yeah my payload is 1846 I’m looking to add RAS

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
1846 is a better start than most!

I'm optimistic for your intentions indeed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What do you mean?
I just don’t understand how the hdpp minus the longer frame is just leafs and a gear change and it can haul double my truck so because that yellow sticker is gospel I can’t swap out springs and shocks and achieve 40% more capacity

·
Registered
318 Posts
I just don’t understand how the hdpp minus the longer frame is just leafs and a gear change and it can haul double my truck so because that yellow sticker is gospel I can’t swap out springs and shocks and achieve 40% more capacity
Ohh.. probably throw some air bags, helper springs, or timbrens...boom makeshift hdpp.
If you max out the payload, it doesn't feel taxed. At least when I've done it to the pound with some flooring.

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
HDPP doesn't just have longer frame. It's a higher rated longer frame. It's more than meets the casual eye.

Still, you have above average cc. Even just a 200lbs increase is another 1500-2000lbs of RV based on 10-15% of weight on tongue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ohh.. probably throw some air bags, helper springs, or timbrens...boom makeshift hdpp.
If you max out the payload, it doesn't feel taxed. At least when I've done it to the pound with some flooring.
I was going to get 5100 and hd RAS which are suggested for anything over 7000lb and for the cost of 4 leaf springs I’m not ruling those out either, it’s just odd Ford put such a powerful little power plant in a truck unable to warrant its full potential as a motor

1 - 20 of 34 Posts