F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2016 F150 Sport 3.5L Ecoboost and noticed something on the 1st drive home....a loud sound of air rushing from the engine compartment when accelerating. The moment I let off the accelerator it goes away. This will happen when I'm going about 55 mph and seems to happen if the engine is cold or warmed up. This also does NOT happen all the time. I have a video I would like to post....if I can figure out how to share that. I was reading a post on here the other day where someone had a similar issue and it was said it might be the BOV diaphragm...? What do you guys think?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sjCnJT1pXHqQC8dL6

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am assuming its not under any warranty and cant take it back to the dealer. The BOV diaphram would be a good place to start. I would also do a visual inspection in the engine bay and make sure to check all vacuum lines and all the air tubes that are involved in the turbo/intercooler system for any loose clamps or leaks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am assuming its not under any warranty and cant take it back to the dealer. The BOV diaphram would be a good place to start. I would also do a visual inspection in the engine bay and make sure to check all vacuum lines and all the air tubes that are involved in the turbo/intercooler system for any loose clamps or leaks.
Unfortunately the dealer is a state away....almost a 2 hour drive to have them not really know what to do....it was a Dodge dealer. It does have a warranty. It's too new to me to have any paperwork regarding the policy number as of yet. If it we're a loose tube, wouldn't it create that noise all the time? It I cannot visually see something, I'll be taking it in once I have policy info. Thank you for your input by the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
pH3
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing