1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have a Hell Bent Steel and have no issues. I think I would just buy the one that promises 2" or the one that the install shop recomends. My HBS raised the front exactly 2".

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just ordered a Moto-Fab 2.5" level. Billet aluminum, so solid piece of metal off a CNC. Has anybody installed these?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had the Rough Country kit on my 2006 and was thinking of doing that again on my 2014 now that they're available. It wasn't too hard to put in but I'm gonna ask the dealer if they'll do this one and how much it would be.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I went with the bilstein adjustable shocks, wanted a level and new shocks for the front. my oem shocks have 50K on them and our roads where i live are terrible. hoping the highest setting 2.25" looks and rides good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the bilsteins as well on my FX4 and love them so far. I only wanted level and tried to keep from making it too ruff. so i only went with the second setting down from the highest and got exactly 2" and it sets level ( actually its 3/8 higher in front). and still rides great.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I have the bilsteins as well on my FX4 and love them so far. I only wanted level and tried to keep from making it too ruff. so i only went with the second setting down from the highest and got exactly 2" and it sets level ( actually its 3/8 higher in front). and still rides great.
Oh really? that's cool, i was told by bilstein that setting was only 1.75" lift so I figured I'd go to the highest. what was your fenders at before the level if you remember? I'm 2.15-ish lower in the front on my FX4.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was exactly 2" on mine it was 37" in front and 39" in rear.. now it 39-3/8" in front and 39" still in rear.. i was worried about going all the way to the top as i had heard on on other forum that it was a lot ruffier and most was adding blocks to the rear to level it back out.. now if the maximum heieght is the goal then go to the top and add some blocks and get right at 3" is what i have heard.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I'm sitting at just under 37.5" F and just over 39.5" R. How's the ride? Factory? Better? Worst?

·
Registered
27 Posts
dont really see a big difference in the ride. There is a little bit of a rattle and i was told it is from were the spring carrier sets on the new shock seat. but i dont really hear it, as its not loader than my stereo..;)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
a rattle huh...I don't like hearing that...Guess I'll find out on Sat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have a procomp level that i just removed looking to get rid of it. im installing a Mcgaughy 6.5" lift as we speak should be done friday wkith wheels and tires.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I installed a Daystar 2" level. Took about 2 hours and I am happy with the results.

·
Registered
366 Posts
F150 2.5 in the front, made it sit a little higher in front so I installed ready lift rear blocks and now is sits bpretty level, maybe 1/2 inches higher in the rear but not noticeable

1 - 15 of 15 Posts