F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I really like the stock F150 FX4 wheels. For stock wheels I couldn't be happier with the looks. However, I going for custom look and wanting either black wheels or gun metal wheels. Any suggestions?

Right now I'm leaning toward the 18x9 XD Monster:

ford-f150-18x9-xd-monster.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I still can't decide on wheels.. I'm Also considering these:

ATX Crawl Wheels
AX185-Crawl-18x8-5-with-6-on-135-Bolt-Pattern-Matte-Black-Machined.jpeg

XD Misfit Wheels
XD800-Misfit-18x9-with-6-on-135-Bolt-Pattern-High-Temp-Matte-Black-Coated.jpeg

Thoughts??

·
Registered
89 Posts
check how much they weigh... aftermarket cast wheels are HEAVY compared to your stock wheels. even the stock 20" and 22" wheels are ridiculously heavy and will take a toll on your brakes and gas mileage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For anyone that has put a set of aftermarket wheels on their truck. What are you doing about the TPMS sensors? Do you just put them on the new wheels? Or run them without? I have a set of 17's from a 2004 that I like and plan to put on my truck instead of the 18's but they don't have TPMS on them (and I don't particularly care for TPMS anyways) But what can I do about the light when I swap wheels? Is there anything you can do?

·
Registered
12 Posts
On my older F150 I run bigger tires on my truck than stock- so my spare is useless- I then put all 4 sensors in my spare and leave them there. It wont ever cause me a problem because the spare is dead weight. Not the best idea but I really hate lights on my dash. I havent had to mess with my Eco boost yet and I dont know if the new sensors react the same way as the older band style sensors.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would stay away from anything with those bolts if you live where it snows. They will rust in 1-2 seasons and look like doo-doo.

For that reason I like the Dunes and they look pretty easy to keep clean too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts